The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:10 pm 
That is seriously nice. Keep hold of this one.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 am 
thanks mart :D

serious thanks and a big thumbs up. If I ever waver from the cause or get depressed about the time, effort and money required, I'll just visit this thread. :D

stu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:25 am 
Looks Great

Steve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:47 am 
Again Mart, THANKS FOR NOTHING!! :lol: Not only will this great thread be drawing to a close, but it just makes going into my still Sprint-free garage that bit worse!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:15 am 
Outstanding.... When does the next resto start?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:00 pm 
Awesome Martin! Don't keep it though, sell it on, get another, do it up, sell it on, get another etc etc before long there will be an abundance of mint Sprints about! When done with the Sprints move through the other models :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:27 pm 
Nice Mart, you won't be done until you've done another brooklands though, and then there's the sapphire to do :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:25 pm 
what a load of bolloxs... looks ok. :lol: . but... then i don't own one anymore.... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:34 pm 
:thumbsup:

If you run this topic back to front you can watch Mart take it all to bits again!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:12 am 
TDC Member

Thanks to all for the kind comments. It's nice to know you guys are out there taking an interest in my project(s) & I'm glad it motivates you as much as your comments motivates me. Also a big thank you to those who have provided me with spares (especially the free ones :thumbsup: ).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think BFR will be up for sale after TDCIR. At the moment I have no plans to restore another Sprint :-k. Should a decent Sapphire Blue Sprint come up for sale however, I may well change my mind.

Looking forward to seeing MikeyB's and Reg's resto.

cheers, Martin and Mary

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:14 pm 
Lovely job, looks fabulous. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:01 pm 
Nah, go on - you've got to do another resto - just treat yourself this time to a less demanding timescale!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 pm 
Looks fantastic Mart, you should do more, would love to see it one day!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:50 pm 
Quote:
what a load of bolloxs... looks ok. :lol: . but... then i don't own one anymore.... :cry:
Paul, glad to hear you have finally found a buyer for that reshelled sprint of yours.
I saw Marts car this weekend and it looks extremely well done in all aspects and it not often i will appreciate a sprint, i spent a long time looking over BFR and could almost be talked into buying it myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:53 am 
mart, I'm trying to follow in your footsteps with the roof and I'm going to order the vinyl. My car originally had the seams in the vinyl. Can you tell me what was the distance was between the seams please ?

If they can do seams I'll get 'em put in. Otherwise it'll be seamless.

btw, thanks for taking the time with all the pics of the vinyl fitting. Excellent guide. Pegs at the ready :D

stu

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous 122 23 24 25 26 Next