The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:58 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

AAQ is thye factory needle for spit 1500's.

It needs to be richer on a spit if you fit the 4-2-1 and K+N's...but it may well be right for your 1300 with a 1500 twin outlet.

Nice one...

Jonners

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:49 pm 
jonners jonners jonners. tut. you're not paying attn m8.

its a 1500 with a 1300 manifold :wink:

the needles were suggested by gower and lee and echoed by andrew turner, i dont have the experience to speculate what will work the best so taking on board a bit of advice from those who make a living from the game is really the best anyone can do. its all a bit of trial and error when so many things have been altered, so now its just about tweaking to get it through an mot and then make it work somewhere near its optimum.

im getting fed up with chucking £££ at this thing anyway, so it will bloody well do whatever happens. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:20 am 

Ho ho it looks like I lost the plot somewhere then...

I thought you had a hot 1300 cos of the better crank journals etc.

Oh well...AAQ's will do fine but I really suggest you use the proper exhaust manifold and the AAQ's will be very close to optimal.

Jonners

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm 

AAMs eh, whaty was I thinking of? Fuel must have been cheap back then. May as well have poured it in using a bucket.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:54 pm 
you could sew with em m8, or use em to pick splinters out!! (of your eye balls!)

it is now officially possible to put your foot on the deck and go faster rather than 'not go faster', thats a good thing! driving is smoother, no spluttering or kangarooing, you can feel the effect of the cam better, and thats all with no changes to mixture yet or attempt to set up...

so... new jets in, stronger springs, pistons and internals cleaned up, re-oiled, ready for retest after a few mins of tweaking so she idles on her own without the aid of right foot. outside of dashpots also look a bit cleaner, but shiny they aint (yet).

tomorrow holds the cutting of some strips of velcro for attaching of my new politically correct number plates, to be installed for 10 mins then removed for storage for 12 mths.

happy days...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:10 pm 
still on going, losing track of where i am.

bumping this as i keep losing the thread

mot tester tried to charge me a retest fee after clearing off for a few days and thus making it impossible for me to get to the retest within the 'allowed time period'. :lol: sorry, must try harder next time, knob head :evil: so that was last straw achieved, and instead, he's been paid f-all for his efforts so far and im taking gloria somewhere else.

welding dave has also agreed to call it quits on the £ [unspecified amount] I owe him after the "start-in-gear vs bench" incident, he's not a bad bloke really. :lol: still, gloria has subsequently been back to body buddy, "T" dent sorted, bonnet sorted, bootlid scratch sorted, few other bits sorted, entire car mopped, and another £200 gone, but back to A1 mint again.

so this coming weeked is already lost as im stock taking - always good to do your bit for the cause. still no MOT. looks like its a bank hol job for further gloria action...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:48 pm 
hello again :D

so.. guess what?!?!

WE HAVE A TICKET! 8)

the majik bloke worked some majik. bit of tweaking of timing, mixture and idle and we have HC at 512ppm (1200 allowed) and CO at a fraction over 4% (4.5 allowed i think?)

we likes the majik bloke and his majik, very much. in about 15 mins give or take, using nothing but a spanner, a screwdriver, a piece of garden hose as a stethoscope and the force, no colourtune, no gas analyzer or any such toys, the above was achieved 1st time, no messing. what a star player. there cant be many folk who can do that. welding dave, professional retro friendly car fixing bloke obviously cant!

I also got tugged for no tax on the way to the station, couldnt believe it!! still, good job we is legit, it is the only way to be these days :twisted: so i have a producer. how productive. welding daves next door mot bloke is a dumb ass, PNC said my car was actually mot'd until march 2010 already, in spite of the original failure cert i hold here in my hand. derrrr.

next - hmmmm, bang in some carpets, door cards, stereo etc, spots, bumpers, but maybe also contemplating a new gbox because no sensible amount of fresh oil, carpet and sound deadening is gona shut that thing up and its gona bug the hell out of me, or explode just after all the clean fluffy bits are refitted. ...or will it? what a dilemma.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 pm 
TDC Member

Good news Kev - well done.

The end of the journey looms into view in the distance.........

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 pm 

This Magikal person of whom you speak, can he summon fire without flint or tinder?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:19 pm 
indeed it seems so :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:18 pm 

COME ON!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:37 pm 
LOL

time is a prescious thing, my friend, and scarce at best. you will indeed be pleased to know that project rover 420 diesel has received not one single word of abuse, malice or disrespect since we tended to is stopping mechanism and starter. this work has most certainly assured the keeping of the rover through the months of winter torment and foul climate.

in the meantime, the gloria has the focus of my attention over coming weekends. :lol:

dont get excited m8, you may have orange to keep you amused in due course. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm 
gloria has tax now.

:D :D

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:13 pm 
So what does it go like? :D Whats the spec of the engine/how much power do you reckon its making? Got any pics/ videos?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:55 pm 
Yeah Dollyboy, i've been wanting to see this for ages! :D

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 9 Next