The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:20 pm 
congratulations, your a credit to the dolomite (shaped) owners club, its great to see someone bringing a car like this back to life, one for the summer? i think so! i just wish i had the time and space to have mine apart and re-do it all, but with working conditions, i can't. good job mate :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:46 pm 
I can confirm that 'Tessa' looks as good in the flesh as she does in the photos. nath, I know you're not happy with some of the bits, but mate, don't worry about it. It looks a million dollars. Good to see you both today.

Ken

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:49 pm 
Quote:
I can confirm that 'Tessa' looks as good in the flesh as she does in the photos. nath, I know you're not happy with some of the bits, but mate, don't worry about it. It looks a million dollars. Good to see you both today.

Ken
Was he still whinging Ken :roll: he needs a kick up the hooter :D :D

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:52 pm 
He very nearly got one today. Ask him about the blonde in the Freelander :woohoo:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:58 pm 
Hmmm.. sounds interesting, did he look like this :eyes4u:

he never mentioned that when i spoke to him earlier.. The gaffer must've been about.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:15 pm 
The Gaffer was sat next to me!! :lol:

I was clearly looking at the freelander today, It had lovely curves and the headlights were really big and in your face, The rear end of the said freelander looked to be very nicely designed, even though the freelander looked brand new, it did look to have had a couple of previous owners, even so, Id have a ride in said freelander anytime time of the day, even just for 10min in rush hour!!

Unfortunatly the photo of the freelander has dissapeared from the photo's!!! Ummmmm!!

What did you think of the freelander Ken?? anything to add to my decription??

Ken thanks for the comments on Tessa, Im glad you like her!!!

Nathan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:08 pm 
Not really mate. The Freelander did indeed look well designed and could probably go well day in and day out. The suspension looked like it could soak up all the bumps and more. The upholstery looked amply padded without having to resort to any aftermarket tat. The bodywork appeared all original and in very, very good order. It certainly grabbed the attention of a number of folk. Shame some girlie got in the way, stopped me from taking a couple of decent piccies. Ho hum.