The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:39 am 
TDC Member

They have an active website and currently have items on ebay so they must be trading.

http://www.retro-engineering.co.uk/index.html

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/retro-engineeringLtd?_rdc=1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:07 pm 
TDC Member

That's way too long. Have you paid money in advance ? I assume you have called them , what do they say ?

1980 Vermillion Sprint - 174bhp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:24 pm 
This is there address,
5 priors grange
Salford Priors
WR118XP Evesham
Never heard of them before ,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:17 pm 
TDC Member

The address on the website linked above is in Redditch. Close enough to Evesham to be same company with possibly different registered and trading addresses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:56 pm 
Hello,

I am still waiting my motor since december 2012. I paied for it, but i never receive it. When i call, they tell me that they will buid it next month, but many month pass and not any motor.
Can someone call them, to ask them to give my money back please because i think i will not receive any motor, they are not serious; Every call i do they promise me the motor, but nothing arrive. The phone number is 01 527 521 299. If every day they receive a call from members, perharps they will buid the motor ......Can someone help me! My English is not very good, so it is difficult with the phone. Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:29 pm 
Rather than everyone call, is there someone close by that could pop in and try to persuade them?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:32 pm 
Salut Christophe,
It's nice to see I'm not the only one from france on the forum!
Concerning your first issue, as Tahiti sprint said there is Daniel Dussault in France who could probably help you, he's very friendly, if you call him i'm sure he'll be glad to help, I'll PM you his number.

As for your other problem, best would probably to send them a letter with legal stuff to make them react i guess...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:21 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

The chap there is called Nigel and he says he ex Blydenstein. He does Getrag gears but would not sell me just gears, wanted to build box for me which did not suit. I have not met him or bought anything from him. Checked companies house and returns are up to date for beginning of this year. Both his ebay accounts have 100% feedback and recent trades. He must be doing a fair bit not ebay related as his sales there are relatively low. If you have paid and all that while ago, then it is probably worth getting someone to go round for a chat first. nigel@retro-engineering.co.uk is his direct email that we corresponded on 9 months or so ago. Hope someone local can help you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I have Clients in Salford Priors who are 'very well connected' :wink: locally; their Father used to run an engine reconditioning shop called the Engine Shop before retirement (not connected to REL, I'm sure). I will make some enquiries on your behalf, and if need be call in myself next time I visit my Clients...

What is your name?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:33 pm 
Not any news about my motor from retro engineering.

It is clear that it is not a serious adress. Don't go to this garage for your Dolomite.

I think that i will have to go in England myself to have my money back.

If every member of this forum call them every day perhaps i will have my motor ...!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:10 pm 
I believe their address is,

Bartlett Road,
Washford,
Redditch.
B980DG.

I have to say that I am somewhat aggrieved by this companies advertising. If you look at the Dolomite link on their website it shows a picture of the Broadspeed Group 2 Dolomite Sprint. This is a car prepared & run by my and to the best of my knowledge they have absolutely no connection with it.

I am sorry you have had trouble with this company, perhaps you should have come to see me in the first place, I have many race Sprint engines running and winning races. I can show a genuine history of Sprints built and prepared by me racing in Uk and Europe, not just a flash website that says I can do it!!!

Ken.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:21 pm 
Quote:
Not any news about my motor from retro engineering.

It is clear that it is not a serious adress. Don't go to this garage for your Dolomite.

I think that i will have to go in England myself to have my money back.

If every member of this forum call them every day perhaps i will have my motor ...!
I left them a message. I'll ring them daily for you and be really irritating until they respond.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:08 am 

do you have proof of receipt of the funds or even proof that you sent them the funds?

seems quite dodgy to me :/

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=23031

Volkswagen Golf MK3 Gti....R301UUJ. RIP 22-5-13
Volkswagen Golf MK4 TDGTI 150 MM53VNT Sold 7-8-17
BMW 320d Coupe M-Sport YL08 XBZ with factory fitted Performance Pack - Sold 22/05/21
BMW 330d Touring M-Sport WN63 XPY - best daily ever

Proud TDC Member!