The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:06 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Here is my sweet little girl showing her skills as a race driver. She had never driven this car before this day! Honest.
Now I know why Michelin and Toyota let her loose on track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdWyXpiW ... e=youtu.be

The lunatic is out................heres Jonny!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:33 am 
WOW great pressure.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:51 am 
Aye, the woman sure can drive. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am 
What a great drive. Good racing lines (better than the green car's driver- which is why Rebecca passed him!!) late braking and smooth. My only criticism is Rebecca needs to concentrate on changing gear before the rev limiter cuts in, this probably cost 0.1-0.2 seconds.

Are you sure Rebecca doesn't race under the "Mat Jackson" pseudonym in the BTCC??

Philip

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:39 am 
TDC Member

Excellent.

Yes that green car was taking some strange lines into some of the bends. I noticed Redecca sorted that last chicane out, initially she was going in to it in a lower gear & having to change up mid corner. Then, after a few laps, she was going through it in a higher gear and obviously carrying more speed. :thumbsup:

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:42 am 
fantastic driving :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:45 pm 
she appears not to have any fear :)

I thought she'd lost Mr Green at one point, but back on her own she caught him up again very quickly.

great to watch, well done rebecca

stu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:13 pm 

Thanks lads, now I know that she uses the rev limit too much and she also wastes time with some pointless changes........................................do I have the balls to tell her :wary: :wary:
But I should so perhaps I shall ask if she has any ideas about how to get that bit more.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:23 pm 
Great driving :)
Quote:
Thanks lads, now I know that she uses the rev limit too much and she also wastes time with some pointless changes........................................do I have the balls to tell her :wary: :wary:
But I should so perhaps I shall ask if she has any ideas about how to get that bit more.
Maybe try and get a shift light fitted? Just a thought that may help.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:47 am 
Quote:
Thanks lads, now I know that she uses the rev limit too much and she also wastes time with some pointless changes........................................do I have the balls to tell her

Tell her "Mat Jackson" doesn't use the rev limiter!!!............and then run.

Some time us "old" blokes can teach the youngsters a lesson. I went to a track day with my 22 year old son (who had a Nissan R32 GTST at the time) and even though I had never driven the car before was still able to better his lap time by 1.5 second over a 1min 15sec lap. He then cried foul so I returned the favour and let him drive my race Sprint at at the same track and (not surprisingly) I beat his lap time by 3 seconds on a 1 min 12 sec lap. He then asked me to let him be a passenger in the Sprint while I drove so he could see the tricks!! Age and experience wins over youthful exuberance (most times).

Philip

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:22 pm 

Quote:
You must be a proud man.

Have the balls and tell. What's the worst case scenario? In a team there must be room for some critisicims. Standing still isn't real progress.

But i can imagen she throws at you what's wrong with first dad?????? :mrgreen:

Jeroen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:18 pm 

Yes we discussed it tonight as came to see us and when I brought this up that the chicane was a third gear corner and that she once free from slower drivers was carrying so much speed why change down. She pointed out that it was a mistake on her part and did not happen again as this was her very first race in an MR2 and she raced again the next day and improved her lap time by 1.5 sec down to 1min.26 sec (Ithink).
Her last race of the season will be Donnington in her Porsche 924 and she loves Donnington and is looking for another win.

Ha Dolly nut as it happens one of her birthday presents that we got her last month was a big tachometer incorporating a shift light :D because rev limiters are fine but wont stop an engine blowing if its overrevved by an early down shift!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:28 pm 
TDC Member

One of the abilities I see Rebecca has is that she knows exactly where everybody else is around her. Look how often she glances in the mirrors just to check she can make the next manouver and still be in front.
Well done.
T.M.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 am 

Quote:
One of the abilities I see Rebecca has is that she knows exactly where everybody else is around her. Look how often she glances in the mirrors just to check she can make the next manouver and still be in front.
Well done.
T.M.
Ah the benefits of beating your children when they are young :twisted: she was always good at looking where the next whack was coming from :lol: .

Seriously though thanks for the positive comments...................I am totally biased of course!