The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:06 pm 
TDC Member

Watching a box set of ITV's excellent 'Endeavour' series (series 6 starting this week). Original pilot from 2012 shows a 1300 FWD owned by Mrs. Rosalind Stromming, wife of one of the Oxford dons. At least it is period correct - that episode was se tin 1965 so her 1300 would be brand new!

Post subject: Hmm......
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 pm 
TDC Member

Having been a fan of Inspector Morse, I cannot bring myself to watch Endeavour,
simply because it goes against Colin Dexter's wish that only John Thaw should be Morse.

Anyhow,
is the 1300 the same car as has appeared on other period TV shows (is it Heartbeat that has one?)?

Ian.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Heartbeat had two in one episode, one owned by one of our members, but not sure who owned the other one. The former is still owned by one of our members.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:19 pm 
TDC Editor

From the Editor.
My late lamented 1300 FWD G reg'd was used several times on Heartbeat. I drove it sometimes, others the car man collected it on trailer and used it. It came back after one episode with the driver's carpet covered in "snow" (epsom salts) as it had been a winter episode. One episode did use two matching cars, one the wife and the other the "mistress" of a bank manager character!. Mark Ashbridge's 1300 was also used. My Mk1 Cortina Estate was frequently used, it was a nice earner, but they really messed you about on set. the food was usually good in the catering bus though.
There was another episode where a 1300 was driven off the road and badly damaged. I think the car used was one found almost abandoned in Shipley and made to run and give a quick lick of paint.
Happy days!!!