The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: A Perfect Triumph Moment
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:21 pm 
Today the Detroit Triumph Sports Car Club had its annual Fall Color Tour, a 160 mile drive around the scenic roads of Michigan where we loo at the trees changing color.

I couldn't decide this morning if I should take the Dolly Sprint or my Stag. I was headed for the Sprint, but at the last moment, I decided on the Stag, since I have not really given it much more than a few miles close to home since I got her running a gain after an 18-year lay up.

The car performed beautifully all day, never missing a beat -- a whole Triumph OHC engine is (or can be) twice as good as half.

Anyway, I am about 20 miles from home when I say to my girlfriend Christie: "The Stag is officially declared raodworthy. It's been excellent today." The word "today" had not left my tongue for more than 5 seconds before the speedometer needle flailed wildly, like the arms of a 3-year old child on a sugar high. Then it crashed to zero and stayed there.

Looks like I need a speedo cable at the least.

Next time I will tap on the wood dash before I praise the Stag. All in all, still an excellent day.

Richard Truett

Post subject: Unlucky
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:33 pm 
TDC Member

Good to hear you got another classic on the road today but the Sprint probably put the curse on the Stag for not taking it out. Sounds like a fairly quick fix though.
If it was a major failure at least you had the sense to take your girlfriend along as she could have pushed it off the road.

Mike
80 Sprint
69 Chevrolet Chevelle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:46 am 
:funny: