The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: slow orange progress
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:50 pm 
should be getting v close to paint now.

I've ordered my 60mm clock.
I'm going to nip my rad back to radtec where nice man said he'll swap the fan over 4 me

does anyone want a 52mm magnolia time clock with red hands before i get too tempted to whack it on the bay?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:51 pm 
TDC Member

Check which cars came with a 52mm clock, should make it easier to sell?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:47 pm 
TDC Member

Stag

Engines, Gearboxes, Overdrives etc. rebuilt. PM me.

1997 TVR Chimaera 450

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:19 pm 
i thought you said 80mm!
:rofl2:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:23 pm 
you plank, speedy, just get it here!!!!

:poke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:29 pm 
:-({|=

Post subject: MORE PROGRESS
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:33 am 
ok, making more ground. bodywork ETA from body man is now completion by end of november, i.e. all welding, prep and paint.

:chortle: ye, right, seeing is believing.

Current state of play is waiting for metal to arrive for repairs to sill reinforcers... rotten... surprise surprise.

cant touch car at minute as sills are removed and reinforcers are shot, any jacking or moving etc will result in the poor thing folding in half, so cant get rear suspension off and cant get into the thing to rescue clock panel and glove box! DOH!

then comes the rebuilding stage... hmmmmmmmm.

Post subject: PLAY AREA
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:36 pm 
Put 3 cubic metres of concrete down this morn so my dolomite play area in derby is now complete...

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:21 pm 
more dross for you all to read, I've got my rad back with the fan now mounted on the side that allows it to fit, nice radtec guys...

also received my oil cooler take off plate, fabulous, now all I need to figure out is how to get oil temp sender, oil pressure sender and oil pressure cut off switch for fuel pump into one hole...

:funny:

ps - also got the 60mm clock which looks fookin marvelous. will put up some pics of my recent goodies when I can be arsed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:32 pm 
Sounds like fun. Keep it up, progress is progress!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:29 am 
Any preparation pics dollyboy, be nice to see before she's in for paint. :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:38 pm 
not at the mo Lee, havent been over to see it for weeks, but have some time off towards the end of this month so will hopefully get some then. Body man did say he has taken pics so if I miss anything he should have some.

just looking forward to having the thing standing on its own feet again!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:25 pm 
Hope things go smoother than things have for mine. Everything has gone pear shaped for me of late, but still hoping to get her on the road for next year. S'pose all i can do is :biggrin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:26 pm 
Quote:
also received my oil cooler take off plate, fabulous, now all I need to figure out is how to get oil temp sender, oil pressure sender and oil pressure cut off switch for fuel pump into one hole...

well not strictly true actually, also need to find a home for oil warning light switch, but the oil temp sender needs to go in the pipe to the cooler. ooooh, pipes n unions n wires n stuff... lovely!

plan is a T in the oil hose for the oil temp sender, and a pipe from the take off plate to a little remote mounted manifold block thingie with 3 fittings for the other senders. fun fun fun...

Post subject: plumbing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:34 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Why three takeoffs? Or do you mean a 3 way union - inlet and two takeoffs? You should only need in, out analogue for gauge (pipe or volts) and out digital (for warning lights and fuel cut off).

If you are full of electrical cunning you could probably use just a voltage sender for your pressure gauge, tee off to transistor and a couple of other bits and pieces to switch the fuel cut off. Lot lighter than all hardware.

Tinweevil