The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:31 pm 
Quote:
Why three takeoffs? Or do you mean a 3 way union - inlet and two takeoffs? You should only need in, out analogue for gauge (pipe or volts) and out digital (for warning lights and fuel cut off).
ok, need to drive the following from pressurized oil feed:

switch for warning light on dash
fuel pump cut off switch
sender for oil pressure gauge (it is an electronic one, but still needs oil shoved up its @rse!)

...but the take off plate has 1 threaded female fitting and oil psi sender is too big to go there anyway. so I need to come off the plate via a pipe to an "x" or little manifold with input from pipe and 3 female fittings for those senders.

the oil temp needs to go in oil flow, hence the "T" union in the line to the cooler, this is separate to the three that just need a pressure obviously.

I could have been clever with fuel pump cut off switch, i.e. relay from oil warning light etc but would still need to split the feed from the take off plate anyway, so just keeping it simple just using senders that came with the dials. not all that bothered about the weight, its just grams - bearing in mind she'll have not far away from twice the oil capacity of standard, a couple of hundred grams of an elbow, couple of compression fittings, bit of pipe and an X union to fit the senders into isnt really gona make much difference... in fact removing the speaker from the middle of the dash would make up for the extra weight of the oil fittings!