The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:37 pm 
Today I was talking to one of the fire service van drivers, Tommy, in the station this morning and he noticed my TDC mug with the yellow sprint on it. He then told me the following story. About 3 yrs ago his brother passed away and he apparently had numerous classic cars in his private collection, one being a 1979 "T" reg Mimosa Dolomite Sprint which he bequeathed to Tommy. Tommy didnt really want it ( classic buses are his thing) and he thought if he left it on the driveway it would rot away. So he gave the car away for free. The only information he could give me was that the new owner was the head greenkeeper at Springburn park in Glasgow and he lived in a cottage at the park. I was gobsmacked, given that I've known Tommy for the last 8 years or so and he didnt know of my love of triumphs!
He cant remember the guys name and doesnt know if he still has the car or what he has done with it. It needed some tidying up but was in reasonably good nick apparently.
Although I have worked out of Springburn Fire Station once or twice I am not very familiar with that part of Glasgow. But i will certainly be going to find the park and cottage. Does anyone know of this car or what happened to it?