The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:55 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:56 pm 
Heh! Most of my rallying is done in a modern French tin-can (Peugeot 205), no-one cares if you bend one of them...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:35 pm 
Yer its a 12 car, what are they like then? Didn't ask to many questions when we had the meeting the other day.

Also doing a scatter but thats with a mate in a corsa...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:47 pm 
Quote:
Yer its a 12 car, what are they like then? Didn't ask to many questions when we had the meeting the other day.

Also doing a scatter but thats with a mate in a corsa...
They're all great fun :) To put it simply, on a 12-car you get a series of clues, which the navigator solves using an ordnance survey map to give you a route, which you then have to drive in a set amount of time (which works out as an average of 30mph - not as easy as it sounds).

I've yet to find a way of describing it that doesn't make it sound either really dull or stupidly illegal - rest assured it is neither!

For a more in-depth guide see our club website - http://www.wessexmotorclub.co.uk

And just to show off, me navigating a Puglet to 2nd overall on a recent national road rally:
http://www.mandh-photography.co.uk/even ... 006-3a.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:16 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
...but you are doing it anyway?

Good job its a night rally (when its dark) because those Oxford boys are likely to have been lead to believe its John Glenn's quality of motor! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:30 am 
Well yer I knew about the clues. we done some of them the other day. I used to be a sea cadets so know a fair bit about reading OS maps. It'll be a doddle :D