The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:41 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, are we forgetting our manners?

Roadster: welcome to the board and thanks for your contributions; may they be the first of many, and I hope you choose to keep the car.

Let us not forget also, that competition is healthy; it gives choice to the consumer and helps keep their costs down. Lower costs means we have to promote our offer, not only on price, but quality also, and I'd like to think we achieve well with both. We should be flattered that this isn't the only competitor who has lowered their prices to match our's.

It is a free market out there, hopefully about to get freer still, and we should embrace opportunity to compare other products with our own...
I agree with every word. Well said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 am 

Quote:
Roadster: welcome to the board and thanks for your contributions; may they be the first of many, and I hope you choose to keep the car.
Thanks xvivalve - much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:13 am 

I have used the ones from EBay twice on two different works cars which get thrashed and never had an issue. Nice to know the club does them too.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:21 pm 
TDC Member

A free market that's about to get more restricted so if you live in the EU buy while you can, and vice versa before the prices sky rocket.

Past fleet: Triumph 2000, Lancia Beta Coupe, BL Mini Clubman, Austin Metro, Vauxhall Cavalier MK1 & MK2, Renault 18 D, Rover 216 GSI, Honda Accord (most expensive car purchase, hated, made out of magnetic metal as only car I've ever been crashed into...4 times), BMW 318, Golf GTi MK3 16v x 3