The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:08 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

I wish I'd known about them earlier, because I bought that thing from the Brothers and like so much of their Indian made repro stuff, it was all wrong.
The curve of the badge was different, the font is different and most importantly, the 3 pins are completely off. The top ones are about 1/16" too far apart and the bottom one is 1/8" out of place too.
Because I'm loathe to drill new holes in perfectly good original steel, I ended up peeling the original out of its frame, cleaned up the frame, peeled the new one out of its god damned awful frame and put it in the original. Its now on the car, looks nice and bright and I doubt that anyone down here will notice the different font.
Yep, so if anyone is considering buying the thing I set a link up for a few posts above, don't do it. Its a waste of money.
Cheers,
Rob