The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:28 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
I've just acquired 20 new old stock of the later rear foils, the one with the non-italic script, though I've yet to take delivery of them...
I'd be interested in one Alun, if they're not all accounted for.

Built 26/6/1980 (one of the last built), Auto, Porcelain White - Genuine Mileage 52,820 (warranted).

Only 3 previous owners, (2 within the same family).

Supplied by Lavender Hill Garage Ltd, Enfield, London, by garage owner Jimmy Metcalfe on 30th September 1980 to Geoffery Robinson, Enfield.

Club Membership No: 2017092

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:02 pm 
TDC Member

For any one interested "ap-graphics" on eBay has just sent a message saying that he has just run the last 10 sets of repro badge foils and placed them on eBay - 2 have sold already. He doesn't know when he will be able to do any more as the correct colour gold is no longer available. I have no connection with the seller other than I did buy a set earlier in the year for my car and they do look quite smart certainly better than my faded originals. Note there is no "triumph" badge for the front passenger side in the set just the four "sprint" ones and the "triumph" one for the boot.

Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... Sw1Fhe0kVj

item no: 324228332291

Roger

Too many cars, too little time!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:36 am 
TDC Member

Bit of an update. I have been in touch with Alex at ap-graphics and explained his set a) did not include the near side front "Triumph" badge and b) that the badges changed from approx 1976 onwards.

I sent him my front Triumph badge and he has now reproduced and insert for it, correct font and cutout shape. He now includes this in the "early" set.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... Sw~51fG~8q

As I said in an earlier post these are the last he can do for a while as he is trying to source some more correct colour material.

When the correct material is sourced he says he will produce some more and also a later set with the none italicised sprint boot badge and black on silver triumph badge.

As I said before, no connection with the seller other than a satisfied customer.

Roger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:50 pm 
TDC Member

Just got this message form Alex at ap-graphics:

"Hi Roger,

Just to let you know I’ve received a short roll of the brushed aluminium foil to test today and managed to test it, it seems to be fine and the colours of the original badges seem to be replicated well on this material. I’ve managed to print off a small amount of sets for the post 1976 dolomite sprint and have listed them on ebay 324249713060

In the future once I obtain more material I plan to print all the pre 1976 sets on the chrome silver (as previous sets) and all the post 1976 sets on the Brushed Aluminium foil.

Regards,

Alex.
"

Link:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... SwzmdfKGAB

No connection just a satisfied customer.

Roger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:07 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I now have a limited number of the OE foils shown in the image below. These are not replicas, but actual excess stock made by J Fray, the original badge suppliers to Triumph. PM me if interested in acquiring any.

Last edited by xvivalve on Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am 
TDC Member

Thanks Alun

I hadn't realised how faded my '78 Sprint rear badge actually was until I compared it with your new one. Just look at the difference..... Good to actually find a replacement original one.

Thanks
Geoff

Attachments:
DSC_0323 (002).JPG
DSC_0323 (002).JPG [ 51.07 KiB | Viewed 283 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:55 am 
TDC Member

Quote:
Thanks Alun

I hadn't realised how faded my '78 Sprint rear badge actually was until I compared it with your new one. Just look at the difference..... Good to actually find a replacement original one.

Thanks
Geoff
Blimey Geoff, that is faded. The NOS ones are just the ticket. I got one too, just in case the Outer Hebrides ever experiences a heat wave, and fades mine :lol:

Built 26/6/1980 (one of the last built), Auto, Porcelain White - Genuine Mileage 52,820 (warranted).

Only 3 previous owners, (2 within the same family).

Supplied by Lavender Hill Garage Ltd, Enfield, London, by garage owner Jimmy Metcalfe on 30th September 1980 to Geoffery Robinson, Enfield.

Club Membership No: 2017092