The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:56 pm 
Hi I an the n.ireland coordinator and I would like to represent the club and Ireland's largest classic car show at kilbroney on the 20th June. This would be a fantastic opportunity for the club to possibly gain new members and get the recognition it deserves in Ireland, I will need application forms ,and some club banners etc so can be recognised on the day , I dont know who deals with this so Andy the chairman suggested I post on here so please if this is your position in the club contact me by p.m

We currently have 1 dolomite sprint going
One dolomite 1300
One 2 door toledo, hopefully i can get a few more by the date of the event ,,many thanks
I can also be contacted by email,,
Daveharrison944@gmail.com,,

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:05 pm 
TDC Member

Hi Dave, Apologies for going off topic, can't help with any of your requests, but just wondered how you got on with the restoration of VA69? IIRC, you were going to do a ground up job on it? I seem to remember it had a different green shell?

Cheers
Keith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:39 pm 
Hi yes the car is very much on it's way to once again being perfect. It is in Dublin with the current owner who has done substantial reconstruction of the shell saving the main bulkhead and most of the floor pan and the chassis have been repaired with new old stock bl sections,The car got a brand new roof panel n,os bl, and I think it also got front windscreen panel,,you need to look very close to see where it's been fixed as his welding is very neat and tidy but last time I seen it it was in primer and very solid indeed ,should be finished within a year I'd say ,owner is a very good friend of mine,,
The car was in a very bad way nearly broke it's back but is nice now and its still the real deal,,
Ps the shell was painted green but was a repaint the mimosa was under it,,the shell is the genuine thing,,va 69 with matching engine and g,box 4 speed no overdrive, seats no headrests, a true mk1,,,
Wish I had bough it and done it but ide no room ,,

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

EVENT POSTPONED

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.