The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:07 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Just going through the file that came with the car found the original sales invoice, plus extra for safari roof (Webasto) and Cadulac rust proofing (garantees the car to be rust proof for life) and Power Lok differential.

£3259.97 for basic car from Henley's, plus sunroof, rust proofing and LSD take it to £3768.76 and I paid £4000.00

Dolomite Sprints were not a cheap car in 1976, a Jaguar E type was not a lot more at the time (last one being 1975).

Wonder if I can claim on the Cadulac policy, it says it is transferable to a new owner. Must say underside of the car is imaculate.

Dolomite Sprint, Jaguar E Type , BMW 502 Baroquengel , TVR Chimaera 500 (twin turbo), Jaguar XKR, Jaguar XJSC, Jaguar X type, MG Midget race car, MG Lenham Le Man race car, Alfa Sud (wreak), Morris 1800 rally car, Nissan Elgrand, Whitlock 305 (Ford 4000).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:40 am 
TDC Member

Have you seen what MikeyB is asking for his fully restored car on eBay?

Graham

Factory 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC VVC 697S (Now all of, but still needs putting together)
B&Y 73 Dolomite Sprint UVB 274M (kids!)
1970 Maroon 13/60 Herald Convertable (wife's fun car).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:23 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Have you checked if it is still wearing its LSD?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:20 pm 

Quote:
Have you checked if it is still wearing its LSD?
Yes I have checked only discovered it when I was checking rear brakes and turning wheels, then I had a look to confirm.

Dolomite Sprint, Jaguar E Type , BMW 502 Baroquengel , TVR Chimaera 500 (twin turbo), Jaguar XKR, Jaguar XJSC, Jaguar X type, MG Midget race car, MG Lenham Le Man race car, Alfa Sud (wreak), Morris 1800 rally car, Nissan Elgrand, Whitlock 305 (Ford 4000).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:28 pm 

Quote:

Graham
is it the white auto. If so I did not think that was an expensive car. But didn't want an auto. The one I bought will owe me £7000 to get it pristine including car and spare engine and a set of minilites that I took off and replaced with standard sprint alloys. Car has full service history. One of the owners was a member of club as lots of old magazines and a list of contact numbers for whole club. On one sheet of A4.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:40 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
Quote:

Graham
is it the white auto. If so I did not think that was an expensive car. But didn't want an auto. The one I bought will owe me £7000 to get it pristine including car and spare engine and a set of minilites that I took off and replaced with standard sprint alloys. Car has full service history. One of the owners was a member of club as lots of old magazines and a list of contact numbers for whole club. On one sheet of A4.
No, This one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... Swra9fZcQ6

Factory 1977 TR7 Sprint FHC VVC 697S (Now all of, but still needs putting together)
B&Y 73 Dolomite Sprint UVB 274M (kids!)
1970 Maroon 13/60 Herald Convertable (wife's fun car).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:33 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
and a list of contact numbers for whole club. On one sheet of A4
They're just the members who at the time offered help to other members whilst travelling, the Club currently has about 600 members, but at that time there were many more.
Quote:
Yes I have checked only discovered it when I was checking rear brakes and turning wheels, then I had a look to confirm.
Good show, it wouldn't be the first to have been replaced with a standard unit during a 'service'!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:57 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That is some restoration, mine certainly will not be to that standard in 2 weeks. Will be done properly though. Just want to get all the rust done, then do it bit at a time as a rolling restoration.

I expect that car to sell to a collector. A lot of people just want a finished car to put in a show room.

It certainly looks great many many hours to get it like that.

Graham
No, This one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... Swra9fZcQ6