The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:47 pm 
TDC Member

The Dolomite 1300 vinyl front seats in my Toledo have lost the foam at the top of back which means you can feel the headrest post. Does anybody have experience of replacing the foam or where to by suitable foam from before I take the seat apart ?

Thanks

Andy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 4:23 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

I have this problem with the foam in the headrests of my Dolomite. It seems to have shrunk and deteriorated over time. Seats are mostly ok at this stage, although I can feel part of the frame in one place.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 8:54 pm 
TDC Member

I've bitten the bullet and removed the rear seat cover and just the top piece of foam has crumbled away. The main seat foam is all fine.

The rear seat cover came off easily, I just removed the bottom row of clips holding the rear of the seat cover which then exposed another row of clips holding the front of the seat cover. Then the sides are just held on by two silver hooks. Then remove the adjustment lever and the cover slides off.

I've ordered a new piece of foam which looks easy to replace and I will try to get some photos as I reassemble it.

I've also orders some new webbing while its all apart.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:27 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
I have this problem with the foam in the headrests of my Dolomite. It seems to have shrunk and deteriorated over time. Seats are mostly ok at this stage, although I can feel part of the frame in one place.
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RS1754

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 7:58 am 

Quote:
Quote:
https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RS1754
Perfect thanks.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2022 6:14 pm 
TDC Member

All fixed now - fitted new foam at the top and replace the webbing and the seats like new. Now to do the drivers seat.

The headrest look easy to repair - remove the black plate from the bottom then remove the staples holding the cover on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:47 am 
TDC Member

Read on here a couple of years ago about possibly having new seat backrest foams made. Did anything ever come of it? Seems to be a constant problem and yet despite Stag, Spitfire, foams being available there is nothing for the old Dolly.
Ralph

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:08 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
All fixed now - fitted new foam at the top and replace the webbing and the seats like new. Now to do the drivers seat.

The headrest look easy to repair - remove the black plate from the bottom then remove the staples holding the cover on.
If you buy the headrest foam for a Stag it will fit, get them from James Paddock never had any problems with there foam, the foam for the seats you can get away with adding a peace of foam to the original seat foam, i use the Blue foam its not as soft

Dave