The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:00 pm 
It involved a sledge hammer and some rope... And resulted in one very knackerd head stud. That needed to be smacked the s**t out of to get it out the head!

Post subject: I just hope....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:12 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

you checked the head for distortion before refitting it....
At least it will come off again when it leaks. I know.....Ive been there within the last year on blue! There are few things worse than starting upo a dolly with new head gasket and seeing the stream of bubbles in the expansion tank. It was raining on me too....
Blue now has a diffenet engine...as said on another thread.
Jonners

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 pm 
Nope, didn't check. But it's on and the car runs! Albeit with a light miss somewhere. George is going to check it out tommorrow.

Had an MOT booked for Friday (yesterday) with Audi again. Thought best bet was to go with the same guy, I'd feel like a bit of a tit if I failed a car for points A, B and C one week then the following week failed it on points D, E and F becuase I didn't see them last time... Worth a try. But anyway had to cancel that MOT 2 hours before as the car needed one more ball joint, a patch welding and the engine put back together...

So then rung round and booked one for the following day, 12.15 today. And.... ran out of time. Me and Richard had a frantic time sorting it all out this morning and got it all done and running by about 1!!! Had the MOT people ringing me at 12.05 saying am I on my way, they shut at 1. So why the hell was I even booked in then?! Another MOT missed...

But it's all done now :)