The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:11 pm 
Whilst driving up Torrington ave in coventry today, the other half notices that there is a building there with the word TRIUMPH inscribed above the front door......the camera was in the glove box so stopped and took some piccys....

The building dont look that old, (but may have been modernised) the gates were open but only 2cars in the car park, it didnt look to be in full use!!

The biulding is just passed WOLF ROAD on the left to those of you who who know coventry.

Then there is another building further down the road on the same side, again its not in use as its boarded up, the sign has gone but to me and a couple of other people it looks like it would of said Triumph...but ill leave this one up to you........

Image[/img]

Last edited by Nathan Mwk 627G on Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:17 pm 
TDC Events Officer

Very likely I'd say. Here's a map of Coventry, with Dolomite Avenue and Torrington Avenue marked. I think they are opposite ends of the trading estate on the factory site.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en ... 5&t=h&om=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:30 pm 
Torrington avenue sits almost opposite the old A45 entrance to the factory!!

Any ideas to what the bulding(s) would of been used for??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:37 pm 
that bottom photo looks quite familiar although it's was in the mid 70s when i was there but it looks like where they had a workshop for testing evaluating faults out i was there for a sd1 course and there were ramps etc in there but i could be wrong after all it's a long time ago :-k