The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:37 am 
a little story that cropped up a while back, maybe about a month ago:

guy selling a good dolly on ebay, put on my watch list, just for interest really. spotted dolly killer "gleebe" as the high bidder. sent the seller a message saying in more polite terms, but effectively "gleebe is a tw@t, he'll break your nice car, dont sell it to him"

response i got was effectively (but in nicer terms) "car has to go, need space, so i'll sell it to whoever wins"

the final chapter... just got a message via ebay from the seller:
Quote:
hi there remember me chap with dolly who sold it to the dolomite killer gleebe c what u meen about bits been on ebay sold the engine and box for 25 quid cant believe he.s breaking a good car like that it would have made a mint car can understand why u dont have dealings with the prat
so... morals of story:

1 - if 'Nboatboy' contacts you on ebay asking you not to sell your car if you'd like to see it kept in one piece, worth paying attention me thinks.

2 - just a reminder, gleebe and terryman are dolly killers, DONT BUY ANY PARTS OFF THESE @RSEHOLES!!!!!

this was a dolo-public service announcement.

thank you.

:upset:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:59 am 
A lesson learnt.

Maybe that quote could be used when contacting sellers so they could see the view of an "independant" ex - owner what a waste it is selling to these scum.

Goodwork though DB! :thumbsup:

ALAN

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:41 am 
would these be the same dolomite that had a blue interior the glebe is selling at the moment?
advertised as a triumph 1300/1500 interior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:36 pm 
I haven't looked especially, but are they just Dollys that these people deal in or other makes too? Do we have positive identities for them?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:30 pm 
Just put gleebe and terryman on your black list in ebay......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:01 pm 
that'd probably be the one justyn

no more identification apart from their ebay names. dont have their email addresses as I've never dealt with either.

i think its worth keeping an eye out for items/vehicles these numpties bid on and politely make the sellers aware. the more people that do it, the more notice the sellers will take.

:hotcross:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:34 am 
its glebe111. to give his full name.
both him and terryman2 deal with all sorts but a lot of dollys, glebe had a fwd bumper and dash (the plastic bit) a while back.

Post subject: car killers
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Terryman. An honest category for his listing here and here. No web site of his own, can't find him on companies house.

Tinweevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:10 am 
Oh my God :shock: I've bought something from him!

I really didn't know this was Terryman and it was back in 2000 (pre ebay for me). It will never happen again. :oops: :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:19 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

'gleebe111' to be precise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:31 pm 

I bought a radiator for Snowdrop (thought I needed it but I don't - yet!) off "terryman2" via the 'bay. He doesn't have a PayPal acount so I had to send him a cheque. No problems with the transaction though...

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle