The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Detroit Sprint for sale
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:40 pm 
Just looked at VTR web site a saw Richards new sprint for sale. It will be interesting to see who buys it as it sounded such a great car.
Denis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:25 pm 
this car is not as nice cosmetically as OMK 172R, my white '77 Sprint. But it has given me the blueprint for how to set up OMK.

STR91.
Spax all around.
Poly bushes.
HS8s

The reality of the situation is that I have one too many cars and something has to go. NGE got a good sorting is now is in tip-top shape.
There might be one person in the USA who appreciates what this car is.

Richard Truett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:16 am 
I know what you mean about to many cars, I may have that problem next year if the I get the sprint from ontario. Having only a 2 car garage but still being able to put the sprint plus a TR4 along with the daily VW. Have topart with one.
There are a few people on the west coast that would like a sprint, I did send an email to a sprint owner in seattle but have not heard back from him.
Last year a sprint came up for sale in california on the VTR site but not sure what happen to it.
Its nice to have a choice of good sprints here in this part of the world.
Take care and hope the car goes to some one who appreciates the car and of courses drives it.
Here on the west coast we are snowed in, first we had major rain and wind now snow but should rain by weekend so no driving TR4 or sprint for a little while
Denis