The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:27 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Lewis mentioned a while ago that he had a one day insurer, but they have stopped doing anything pre 1993. Anyone else got any contacts?

Thanks
David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:35 am 
NORWICH UNION list dolomites to 1976,I was quoted £12.60 for one days worth of cover,online service only :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:37 am 
"This vehicle was manufactured before 1993 and unfortunately, we cannot offer insurance for vehicles manufactured prior to this year"

^^ From Norwich union... :roll:

Is this something that's swept across all of them for some reason, or is it the same place being brokered by everyone else. I only ask because this in the past few weeks has become the exact same case from Dayinsure, much to my irritance...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 am 
not quite sure whats going on with view to Lewis comments but I just double checked the norwich union short term insurance site and was quoted £12.60 per day,I surpose it might be worth David trying to buy on this site,suck it and see,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:08 am 
Wierd.

D'ya know - there's something distinctly cockeyed with that thing.

I did it with a few regs I know and each time got "before 1993, not acceptable."

I then repeated it with a few 'modern' regs and let me through, no problems......

So I went back and tried it on a few others of mine (pre 1993) and it .......Let me through.....Doesn't seem to list Sprints though and doesn't actually check what the vehicle is compared to it's reg. It's possible to enter any reg and choose a vehicle that's totally random (or get it confused, as well). This would, of course, void it anyway..

I have to say though, this is a glitch in the system I think. Might be one of those cases where if you actually try to purchase it, they just revoke it. Worth a shot though, or definitely ringing them to check :)

=

Last edited by Lewis on Wed May 23, 2007 2:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:31 am 
I found this:

http://www.tempcover.com
Quote:
any car or van you are able to drive with a standard UK driving licence
Seems to work properly.........And lists Sprints as well :). And 1500s, TCs, the works!

I'd trust that more.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:34 pm 

and perfect.....they insure you through Norwich union!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:38 am 
norwich union would not insure me for a car when i was a bus driver (too high risk) so i told them i was coach driver and was offered cover!!