The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:35 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

[quote="Carledo"]I was born in the 50s and grew up watching "Till death us do part" and "Love thy neighbour" both of which are now considered utterly unspeakable, along with the Benny Hill Show (which even I cringe at now) I have to say that I don't have a lot of interest in political correctness myself.

I rather think that Clarkson and co had had enough of the Beeb and decided to go out with a bang. Or the beeb got fed up with Clarkson thinking he was indispensable, tried to prove him wrong and FAILED - MISERABLY!

I have 6 words for the producers of Top Gear, unashamedly poached from another working class hero:-

"Gissa job, I could do that!"

Steve[/quote.
"Boys from the Black Stuff"
Great TV.

"Till death us do part" and "Love thy neighbour" both showed bigots getting put down and as such were a good thing.

The lunatic is out................heres Jonny!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:43 pm 

Get some beers in you Jon and give it a watch, I did and had a good laugh. It's just as excellent/good/bad/awful as it ever was in the weaker episodes. As the new team start the wear the new shoes in then it maybe they'll get as excellent/good/bad/awful as the stronger episodes. They aren't Clarkson, May & Hammond, that doesn't mean they can't make programming for the idiots lantern worthy of an hour of your time when there's nowt better to do. That's all it ever was.

Note: I haven't watched Star In An Exceedingly Tedious Segment for years so can't comment on that part.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:10 am 
TDC Member

I really don't like the "star in car" bit anymore, nowhere near as fluid as the old format. In fact the show has been a bit of a disappointment, I was hoping for a fresher feel to teh whole thing.

I have heard "extra gear" is MUCH better, but have not yet had a chance to find it. BBC3 I believe, no idea when! (i player? however that works....)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:52 pm 
TDC Member

Just watched this evenings offering, and it seems to be so much better than the first 2.
probably down to the extra presenters who are all pretty good.
Still not keen on the "special guest" format and the Mini.....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:49 pm 
When the mini goes through the water Evans tries to get everyone to cheer then when the mini gets 4 wheels off the ground we have to whoop.

Pathetic.