The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: bmiht
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Does anyone knows someone does work there and has access to the Triumph data?

Jeroen

Post subject: Re: bmiht
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:13 pm 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

Depends what info you are after. The Heritage Motor Centre, now called the British Motor Museum does have good access to a lot of factory records and other useful information. I'm unsure what access they have to factory drawings though if that's what you were after. You can certainly visit the archive collection by prior arrangement.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm 

A visit from Holland is possible but not within time. I did contact the museum and wait their response but in NL the Dutch DVLA does not accept the certificates to identify a car. I need some pictures of the actual original records that have the chassis, gearbox and enginenumbers and all other details. There was too much messing around with the certificates in the past so i need more.

In NL the chassisnumbers need to be in the body also and the early Triumphs had them engraved in the paint only. And engraved like it was done by a five year old. Later they did stamp unremovable. After time the engraved numbers dissapeared by paint damage and rust or respray's. This particular car, a Stag had somewhere in time the engraved number replaced by a stamped number for visibility. Now there are two numbers, one home made and the engraved not completely readable anymore so there's no identity.

What i need is a certificate and that's easy but also pictures and photocopys of the original documents with the car's data to proof the certificate is genuine and has the right numbers on it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:13 am 
TDC Staffs Area Organiser

You would need to speak to the archive department who may be able to help. They do have a lot of build records, although some are missing. They usually charge per hour for research, so best contact them to see what the cost might be and explain you do not want a certificate.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair Greenbrier Sportswagon
1980 Dolomite Sprint project using brand new shell
2009 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport
2018 Infiniti Q30