The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: probably...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:47 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
Quote:
...and for those of you who still listen to/rely on the mainstream media for your information, have a listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuC1rl_nwHM
Hi

Thats from GMB news "the channel was founded with £60 million in funding, the majority of which was provided by American television conglomerate Discovery, Inc., Dubai based investment firm Legatum,[2][3] and British investor Sir Paul Marsha" Don't believe everything you read on they internet, they are as much Mainstream media as the Daily hate mail and Sky news! :roll: :mrgreen:

Although I don't disagree with the sentiment of the article, its always worth checking the peoples perspective behind it.

Regards

Barry
Give me an example of bits I shouldn't believe then please; presumably on the basis they aren't true...?

Oh dear 'Daily Hate Mail' :roll: ...I tend to judge articles published on their content rather than on the publication which airs them; it allows me to determine a more balanced viewpoint. As with any good debate, all opinions need to be heard and assessed on their merit.

They aren't as 'mainstream' as the Mail and Sky as they were far less adherent to the ironically called "Trusted News Initiative"

Post subject: Re: probably...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:34 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...and for those of you who still listen to/rely on the mainstream media for your information, have a listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuC1rl_nwHM
Hi

Thats from GMB news "the channel was founded with £60 million in funding, the majority of which was provided by American television conglomerate Discovery, Inc., Dubai based investment firm Legatum,[2][3] and British investor Sir Paul Marsha" Don't believe everything you read on they internet, they are as much Mainstream media as the Daily hate mail and Sky news! :roll: :mrgreen:

Although I don't disagree with the sentiment of the article, its always worth checking the peoples perspective behind it.

Regards

Barry
Give me an example of bits I shouldn't believe then please; presumably on the basis they aren't true...?

Oh dear 'Daily Hate Mail' :roll: ...I tend to judge articles published on their content rather than on the publication which airs them; it allows me to determine a more balanced viewpoint. As with any good debate, all opinions need to be heard and assessed on their merit.

They aren't as 'mainstream' as the Mail and Sky as they were far less adherent to the ironically called "Trusted News Initiative"

Hi xvivalve

The main issue I have with GBN is people seem to think is completely disconnected for Sky and the Murdoch press / Main stream media, which it is not when you look at the board and were the money came from, some hand different glove (but I wont be upset if you disagree after looking at the facts :mrgreen: ).

Also, I new saying "The Daily hatemail" would trigger people and a a truly sorry if I caused you any offence / upset, that was not my intention and my poor attempt at humour.

Regards

Barry

1975 Triumph 1500 TC various shades of blue