The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:47 pm 
Don't know if anyone can give an indication of how much they paid to have a property conveyanced over there or whether they can recommend anyone?

Dad is moving to Sandown.

Any other tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Post subject: You could always
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:49 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

use one of the portsmouth based solicitors if you can't find one on the island. I have used a couple down there and they have been very good...I'd be happy to recommend if you can't find one on the isle of widgit!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:19 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

I thought this was going to be something to do with the comedy sketch (Mayall or Atkinson?) which went along the lines of "I hate blind people, anyone who lives on the isle of wight and hard faced cows who say they will but then won't even when they're really p155"

A good conveyancer doesn't necessarily need to be local; go with someone you are happy with. If you don't have recent experience of anyone I can recommend someone but she's based locally to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:15 pm 
I think they wanted to use someone local as the seller is using a local firm and it may work more smoothly if they have worked together in the past. So the theory goes! My Step mum used to do conveyancing herself so seems to think she knows everything on the subject!

So, another family member is 'emigrating', although admittedly only as far as the 'pile o' shite' as it was called when I lived in Southsea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:19 am 
stan part and neil907 reside on the floating rock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:48 am 
My ears burning :D

I used Eldridges four years ago when we moved house - all very friendly and business like (I hate doing "grown up" things like this).

This may help:

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/ty ... =Solicitor

Scott, anything else you may need, please do not hesitate to ask me.

ALAN :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:01 pm 
Thanks for that.

Do you remember how much they charged? Was it similar to mainland prices?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:34 pm 
Yes, it was a fair ol' chunk, sorry cannot remember the amount without consulting the archive.

Pretty much in line with mainland charges I think, everything is either the same or slightly more expensive over here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

One would hope for some foldable change from a Monkey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:30 pm 
My daughter was brought up in Southsea, slept in the car a few times (near the beach) when i travelled from Yorkshire, to pick her up. Long trek. Had a few nights on the amber nectar there. Sorry to digress, but memories!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:38 pm 
You must have been close to Clarence Pier? That's where the hovercraft for foot passengers leaves.

I worked in a really scary bar called 'The Albany'. Hideous place!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 am 
the albany, is that the one on the corner of albany road (drunken memories of being airbourne through the door via doormen ejection)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:29 am 
There was a little car park just behind the swimming pool just off the bend (passed the toilets) after the Royal Marine Museum (statue of the marine). Meandered down that stretch (windswept) after being in the thick of it a few times. I even had a ride into Selsey for a day with the daughter and recollect passing a sprint in a drive parked up. Is'nt that where Patrick "eyebrow" Moore lives?

Post subject: moore
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:08 pm 

aye he lives in selsey in a house called 'far things'. Its Sprint V8s stamping ground....and just up the road from where I grew up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:19 am 
The Albany was on the right hand side as you looked toward the town centre. It had Pink neon lights with the name on outside. I was a glass collector there and the women used to grope you as you went past. Not a nice experience as they were all rough as arseholes.