The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:35 pm 
As you proberbly have seen I am a new Dolomite owner. To get more details about my new car I requested a heritage certificate. Today I received an email saying that " I'm afraid the the build record for your car, which is held on micro film, is in very poor condition and almost unreadable. The only information that I have be able to decipher is as follows......." So seams that it will be hard to get more informations about it's history :(

Therefore are there any other sites to investigate a little bit further and does anybody know if there is an official organisation in Switzerland where you can request previous owner informations as my car is from there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:50 pm 
TDC Member

If you know where the car was registered you may be able to find out a little more information. However, plates in Switzerland are issued to the driver, not the car (I think they have a directory as well, if you don't like someone's driving you can look them up, go round to their house and tell them) so I'm not sure how the registration of the vehicle itself is controlled. Each Canton (County) has its own Automobile Service which issues the plates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:53 pm 
TDC Member

A bit more digging, and I found out that cars are tracked by something called the Stammnummer. It should be in the paperwork somewhere, and the Swiss Authorities should be able to track it back to original import from there.