The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hi all. I'm new here.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:21 pm 
Hello one and all.

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Bradford and I've just bought a poorly 1969 1300 fwd!

Currently driving an 07 Astra 1.9 CDTI 150 diesel as my daily car. Bit of a British Leyland/Vauxhall nut.

I've just recently sold the last of 3 Allegro's i've fettled and now its turn for a Triumph:-)

Been lurking here for a while so thought it was high time I said hello and hope that I can be of help to someone!

Would be happy to chat about my new (to me Triumph) - I've a lot to learn about this little beastie (what a great car btw)

Best regards,

David.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:47 pm 
Welcome to the Dolly forum David, glad you're liking your Triumph (any chance of some pics?)!

Pretty much anything you need to know you'll find on here!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:11 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Welcome David :bluewave:

Where did you get your car from, was it an ebay purchase?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:57 pm 
:bluewave:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:44 pm 
Hello to you David and welcome to the forum, hope to read all about your forthcoming adventures in Dolomiteland. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:47 am 
Thanks for the warm welcome folks!

I'll try to post up some pics for you - not sure what the correct place to put them would be.

Yes, its an ebay car from the Northants area.

Its tidy enough, I have however got my work cut out :lol:

I've had the radiator re-cored (looks a thing of beauty in its matt black) and I'm itching to get it refitted!

Its gonna fit a pair of new rotoflexes (bought) a new heater valve (bought) all new hoses (bought) got a new mild steel exhaust for it

At the moment its in quite a few pieces - the manifolds and starter are off and Ive fettled the waterpump and its housing, cleaned out the long coolant tube (bypass?) that goes from the waterpump to the heater. Cleaned up the starter and bendix and so on.

Loads still to do.

I do however need a new exhaust manifold - if anyone on here could help me out with one I'd be very gratefull as its holding me up not having one at the mo.

Heres the biggy though, it needs welding on the front chassis legs where the subframe mounts :( The rear mounts look okay.

It also needs a "coat of looking at" on the front passenger sill end.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:45 pm 
Hi David and welcome to the forum.

As the others have said, this is the place to receive help and support for these cars.

Piccies are best download from somewhere such as photobucket. It easy once you get the hang of it. We're a big fan of photos on here.

Exhaust manifold..... hmm, I will try and get mine off for you (off the car I am breaking that is). I'll keep you in the loop.

All the best.

Ken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:01 am 
Hello. Recent joiner myself, and just down the road in Batley. So if you ever get the kettle on I might just nip over for a cuppa.
I'm getting (definatley !!) a Dolly with the V8 in that needs loads of welding......when will depend on when the buyer of my MG turns up in the morning and doesn't complain over a dry follower noise !!! If he does it will be back a couple of weeks. Well mortgage and credit card bills do take preference ! :D
So might just see you some time. :P

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:58 am 
Quote:
Hi David and welcome to the forum.

As the others have said, this is the place to receive help and support for these cars.

Piccies are best download from somewhere such as photobucket. It easy once you get the hang of it. We're a big fan of photos on here.

Exhaust manifold..... hmm, I will try and get mine off for you (off the car I am breaking that is). I'll keep you in the loop.

All the best.

Ken
Breaking, what are you breaking, how dare you break a FWD you murdering ******.
Im suppose to be searching the workshop for a manifold for David but i keep getting distacted by shiney bits to put on Sarahs car.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:11 pm 
Here's a couple of piccies of the car.

Hope you like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:51 pm 
Ha! Murderer? Moi?

How many have you broken you long haired multiple car murdering hippy :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't worry this is quite normal Jutyn/Ken banter :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:43 pm 
That's a very tidy looking car, good luck with it. Valencia seems to be the colour that survives the longest! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:27 pm 
What a cracker! :eyes4u:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:31 pm 
Looks beautiful, good luck with it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:37 pm 
Quote:
Ha! Murderer? Moi?

How many have you broken you long haired multiple car murdering hippy :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Don't worry this is quite normal Jutyn/Ken banter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hello david welcome to the froum, FWDs are brill cars and The longhaired one (1300dolly/ Justyn) saves more than he breaks, dont take any notice of my DAD Ken he is getting a bit old and losing his marbles a bit.
There is nothing 'normal' about dads (ken) behaviour.