The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: New to Forum
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:32 pm 
Hey Guy's,

It is good to be here amongst like minded folks.

I am in the USA (been here about 14 years - originally from Harrogate in North York's) I have two Sprints - both yellow. As I am in the US I do not have access to the Vin #'s but the registrations are as follows.

YWX550L Mimosa in color. I was told when I bought it way back in 83 or 84 that it was a very early model. It has overdrive on all four gears and is fitted with "Econocruise" electronic cruise control and has a sticker on the airbox saying same. ??? I think of the two vehicles - this is the one with a folding sunroof. Can anyone help me understand anything about it.

UUU622M 4 speed - no overdrive. Mimosa in color. I bought this in about 84.

Both have sat in my storage unit for the past 20 years. UUU622M was last MOT'd in the late 80's (i think) and then never used. Neither are on SORN but I have the V5's somewhere in my house in the UK.

Understanding that knowing anything about either without a VIN number is like looking for a needle in a haystack - any info would be of interest.

Thanks so much - Chris Steele.

Post subject: Re: New to Forum
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:29 pm 
The vehicle details for UUU 622M are:

Date of Liability 01 05 1984
Date of First Registration 01 08 1973
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour YELLOW

The vehicle details for YWX 550L are:

Date of Liability 01 10 1984
Date of First Registration 12 07 1973
Year of Manufacture Not Available
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1998CC
CO2 Emissions Not Available
Fuel Type Petrol
Export Marker Not Applicable
Vehicle Status Unlicensed
Vehicle Colour YELLOW

:)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:37 am 
ah good, another two sprints come back to life ! welcome Chris.

stu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am 
Indeed two more which had fallen off the screen yet still very much still with us. That is always great news to learn. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm 
Thanks for the welcome guys and the info. I have not checked in on the Sprints for about 3 years but last I did, they were in fairly good condition. They are in a dry building and have a 131 Sport, GLS Hunter, Sunbeam Ti and a MK2 1600 Sport for company. The 131 and GLS are in a sorry state.

On another note if you guy's need any parts for vehicles you have - I have a couple of amazing junk yards close to where I live. One covers 75 acres and has over 10,000 in it - all the way from 1910. The guy actually tells you to bring food when you come because he locks the gates at lunch time - thus locking you in!

Last I was in there were a couple of 2 door Fiat 131 (they are called Fiat Brava's over here) There was a Triumph Stag but it has been butchered beyond recognition - now. Lots of Mk1 & 2 Cortina's - especially estates for some reason. Boat Tail Afa's, Fiat X19, Hillman,s a few Humber's ect ect.

If you need anything let me know and I will take a look see and get back with you. Most of the stuff over here doesn't really rust but the sun bakes the interiors pretty bad.

How's the weather over there we are slowly warming up but it has been a cold and snowy winter here.