The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: Got one...at last!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:45 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
The folding window winders are one of the more interesting features. I am yet to work out why you'd want them.
I've wondered that myself, anyone got any official info (marketing material) from Triumph to say what the thinking was behind them?

Anyone know if any other car was fitted with folding winder handles?
Nissan Serena has them on the sliding doors Alan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:47 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The folding window winders are one of the more interesting features. I am yet to work out why you'd want them.
I've wondered that myself, anyone got any official info (marketing material) from Triumph to say what the thinking was behind them?

Anyone know if any other car was fitted with folding winder handles?
Nissan Serena has them on the sliding doors Alan.
Ahh thanks Mike. Japs copying British design again eh? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:47 pm 
The solenoid totally packed in on Friday stalled on a roundabout, my size 13 feet in unsuitable shoes hitting the break and accelerator, very embarrassing, but with help from the good people of York (surprising how many people stop to help) we bump started him home. I then replaced the solenoid, started first time, excellent, case closed… or not. I had knocked the choke on (the cable is loose/wrong/sticky) and accidentally knocked the connection on the starter motor loose. Again, with the engine flooded and no starter there was no way I could get her started. But with help from a close friend (who pushed me twice round the car park trying to find a space) and my dad we got him started, and now is running well. It really is a steep learning curve this classic car business, but so much nicer than a new car so it pays off.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm 
Yay, another youngster with a 1300FWD :) - I'm another!

"You'll appreciate the 1300's whispering 70 at half throttle"

Mine's really noisey - but that is probably down to a very worn out engine :D - hopefully it will improve once I get some new bits :D
And to keep mine at 70 on the flat, I have to plant my foot :D - I've only ever reached above that downhill :roll:

I'm just about to update the thread on mine in a bit, so take a look :)