The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 am 
Hi,

Revisiting my youth! My first encounter withTriumphs was in approx 1976 when I was a paperboy and the newagent I worked for bought a brand new Mimosa Red Dolomite Sprint which left me wanting one!!!!

Roll on two years and I bought a Herald 13/60 followed by 7 other Triumphs, including a written off Sprint which in 1980 which I reshelled!

Over the years I moved off Triumphs and onto Saabs.....13 of them!!!! (sort of natural progression, my first Saab being a 99EMS)

However, have always had a soft spot for Sprints, so...........in addition to my road cars, I now have a 1979 Dolomite 1300 that requires mechanical work, but has a good body.... and recently bought a sorry looking 1976 Sprint that had good mechanicals......reshell looming!!!!!! de je vu from over 30 years ago!!!!!!!!

Will be joining Dolomite Club at end of month and hope to keep a diary of progress. Reading with interest the thread od installing a Saab 93 radiator to improve cooling... I have one of these spare and plenty of electric fans!!!

This is great website, will be a frequent visitor

cheers Paul

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:28 am 
Hi Paul.. :bluewave:
- as a recent purchase has sent back into the world of triumphs, let me be the first to say welcome!

This IS a great website which I've been an avid reader of for ten years, even tho' I've been without a sprint for many years, I still feel enthusiastic for them, watching the many articulate, painstaking restorations with such great attention to detail from Mad Mart and Alan DoloWighty, to the aussie boys and their racing adventures....if you're back into Dolly's - it's a daily read!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am 
Welcome Paul, hope you enjoy being back in Dolomite land!

If you have any decent spare bits from the 1300, let me know :)

All the best with it, be sure to do a resto thread for us to be nosy with ! :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm 
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!!

I hope to start a thread on my restoration/upgrade/reshell with plenty of pics (when I work out how to upload from my camera.... better with spanners than pc's!!)

Coincidentally, I found pics from 30yrs ago when I last did this, will try and get them on here if I can.

Yes there will be 1300 parts up for sale!!!

cheers

Paul