The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: newbie with 25 year itch
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:02 pm 
hi to all,

Finally got round to buying another Sprint after 25 years. Got my first one a 75 model with o/drive in white. Was really good car at the time though my mates was quicker as I didnt have the inclination to sort out a new carb needle and balance them! Only had for 7 mths but what recall what a buzz to drive. As a young apprentice a garage foreman told me, these were the only saloon car that could keep up with a 4.2 jag.
Wind on through the years having had several fast fords and various other manufacturers cars I felt the need, now more inclined to fettle and improve mechanical woes, to buy one with in need of alittle work.
Its a 77 inca yellow SPRINT which has had a complete resto in the 90s and was on 'rimmers' front cover due to the amount spent with em probably. In need of some tlc now but will make a cracking car i hope. Will post some pics shortly as just been tinkering this last week sorting all the front lights out.
Cant wait toget back on the road and hopefully find its as good as i remembered back in the day :D

ps hoping to tune it to give more power along the way

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:30 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

That will be Maurice Golding's old car TRR, from Bridgend. No expense was spared on it and he was a regular contributor and show attendee then all of a sudden he dropped off the radar a few years back. I exchanged salutatory texts with him at point he was selling it but all his enthusiasm seemed to have gone

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:25 pm 
Hello and welcome.

Ken

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:33 pm 
Hey, thanks , yeah it belong to maurice golding. It has had a bucket spent on it, the paint is still good now even 15yrs on, probably as it has 6 top coats! If you still still in contact with him you can let him know it will be back to it's former glory later in the year hopefully :)