The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: NEW BOY
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:37 pm 
:bluewave: Hello, new kid on the block. It was me who bought the Sprint local to David6214 ( viewtopic.php?t=1574 ) paid over the top but I had to have her, don't think Wife was toooooooo Happy :(

History: Dad had a 1300, Granddad had 1500hl & Auntie had 1850 this is where passion originates

Anyway cut to the chase I’m a Surrey boy looking for cheep parts!! Where is the best place to start looking?

Need clutch master cylinder repair kit
Windscreen Rubber
And all the parts for a service (hopefully she won't take more than 4 litres)

Cheers
Stoney :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:45 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Mr Stoney - Welcome. There are several places to get parts. Best join the club - you will make your money back on parts, or try quillers , mick dolphin or if you have to rimmer brothers.

There are a few of us in the area, various informal get togethers. Tinweevil isn't far from you, eighties flamer is probably nearby and 1300 Dolly and Myself are just south a bit (there are a load of others missed out there, tango charlie, debs, len) but Mr Tin, 1300 and I wyou will most definately see on the forum.

Second hand parts and new parts its worth advertising in the wanted section of this forum......

Advice is free as well......anyway....welcome

:bluewave: :bluewave: :bluewave:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 am 

Hello Stoney,

Which end of Surrey are you? At the Kent / Sussex end is Wins and Co, he's not the cheapest but if you are local enough to collect saving the postage often makes the difference.

Screen rubber - Wins price was keen last time I got one.
Overhaul kit - definately join the club and buy from it. There are cheaper sets on ebay advertised for sprint but it's pot luck as to whether what you get actually fits. Same goes for all hydraulics on Dolomites, the only way to be 100% certain you are getting the correct part is to order from the club. Even the big name suppliers get it wrong.
Service parts - again best to start with the club. There is no such thing as a cheap original distibutor cap and arm for a sprint. The club do an alternative set which IIRC is a little cheaper than standard and was for a while all that was available.

Request a catalogue from Rimmers, they often have sales on and in past years have had one on Dolomite parts each Jab - Feb time. Once you are on the mailing list you'll get notification of relevant sales.

Tinweevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 3:18 pm 
Thanks for the advice I shall be giving them a try.

I’m located in Sunny Redhill. By the looks of things just down the road from Tinweevil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 6:49 pm 

I remember seeing your car at Brooklands,parked near the track..very nice tidy car..you should of brought it down and parked it where the club stand was..member or not,more than welcome..maybe next time.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 9:22 pm 
You’ve got a good memory; the car was parked right at the very top, right by the barriers. If any one else wants a reminder it was the orange Sprint with the big dollop of bird’s c**p on it :roll: , nice for your 1st event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:32 pm 
hi stoney, welcome to the club there is a new member just signed up in dorking but he doesn't have internet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:58 pm 

Quote:
I’m located in Sunny Redhill. By the looks of things just down the road from Tinweevil
Ah the wife was born there (davidswife on this forum), s'alright round there. I even lived there for a while.....should be able to make it to a few events with such a central location..hope to bump into you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 6:14 pm 
I’m sure you will :D , I’m hoping to attend the following events

9th of June Triumph Car Day at The Ace Cafe
24th of June Bromley Pageant
29th of July Amberley Museum Classic Car Summer Picnic

AND I WILL BE A CLUB MEMBER BEFORE I ATTEND :thumbsup:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 8:10 pm 

If my application gets accepted then its amberley for me too...fingers crossed then