The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: my 1300 dolomite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 pm 
Very nice, post more pics when you get the car please. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 am 
Future Club member hopefully!

Time is money dude....
Get the coach and ask the guy to meet you? Then you wont get knocked off by a car driver like me in the dark.....and if your bike hasnt been ised for ages
what happens if the chain breaks....

And a bike won't go in a dolomite without wrecking the seats....too many sharp bits!

Its a no brainer...get the coach.

Jonners

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:15 pm 
That looks pretty good to me! It's had all the nice little bits added (all taken from the Sprint) so it looks pretty tasty all round (I especially like the Lucas spotlamps)...

The 1300 is a pretty good unit and my Toledo (which has the same engine) took me to France not so long ago which didn't really present too many major problems, it was a pretty easy and relaxed journey from South-West London to North-West France and back (plus a weekend driving round a very rainy France)...

Just ensure that the engine is serviced thoroughly every 5000 miles or so and ensure you resist the urge to thrash it about too much (not always easy as these units like to sing for their supper!) and all should be a-ok...!!!

Keep us posted with developments and don't forge to post plenty of lovely pictures... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 pm 

The 1300 clutch is not the same as the 1500, different flywheel.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:33 pm 
Great little 1300!
Not sure about the sprint alloys :?
My 1500 has 89000 miles, and seems pretty good (clutch seems fine). All down to how it's been driven previously, I suppose... I'd expect a few rattles at first.
Not a 1300 I know but hope that's helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:28 pm 

Have you picked this up yet???

love to see some more photo's :D

or are you still on your bike cycling to collect it lol :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 pm 
Quote:
drives superbly never missed a beat yesterday out on icey roads late driving home prefer it already to 1500 ok doesnt go as fast but MPG makes up for it averaged 38mpg yesterday but i had done 80miles,
more relaxed driving in the 1300 let everything pass you just enjoy the ride 8)
seems comfortable at 50-60 mph and it feels abit stressed at 70 so i dont go upto that speed if i can help it.
what is the top speed of 1300 ??? i imagine its about 80ish show some more pictures soon :)

viewtopic.php?f=4&p=172505

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:30 am 

Heh, looks like the Dolly sits at 60mph around 3300rpm to 3500rpm, not much more than my Yaris (with it's extra gear and 10bhp!). Got to say I was pretty worried driving at that speed as the amount of noise generated is quite something! :shock: :lol:

My brochure says top speed is 86mph, I've had mine up to an indicated 80*, but I reckon the speedo is probably under-reading by about 5mph at that speed. Certainly not something I'll on a regular basis, was bloody terrifying, deafening and not mechanically sympathetic to the old girl. :wink:

* I was overtaking some guy in a Saxo who was going along at 50mph and as I pulled alongside he figured he'd give me a run for my money and sped up! As it was a looooooong, clear, downhill stretch I saw no reason to give in and he gave up at 70mph. On a racetrack, obviously. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 am 

Very nice, what are the spotlamps you have on it? :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm 

look like lucas square 8's to me

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:17 am 

Quote:
only i am missing wasn't it fitted to 1300 ???
Nope, didn't get a rev counter unless you went "HL" spec, which only came on the 1500 and 1850.