The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: ALARM?
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:39 pm 
Had a look on ebay for car alarm,too much choice,something reasonably priced,loud and not too stressful to install,just want to deter p155 opportunists,had a lambretta nicked last year,hate my 1850 to go that way
Anyone suggest one,much appreciated

cheers
taff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:08 pm 
Toad alams are good , i fit a dis-conect that fit , on the neg side of the battery take the connecter with you only about a tenner fit it yourself.

Tony.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:20 pm 
Nathan mentioned something about a Sparkrite alarm from Halfrauds which he was very impressed with. Cost less than £40 IIRC

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:59 pm 
Yes, sparkrite alarm is very good, not the best but its easy to install,
3 wires, back, red, yellow, led flashing light so its visable it has something on also a vairible shock senser....£35 from Argos (have seen them in halfords aswell)

Like i said not the best but it makes people jump when the alarm starts going off!! (They dont expect classic cars to have them)

when i fitted mine it took 2 hours for it to go off, went outside to hear a lad say " sorry mate the ball only just touched it"

SEE THIS

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 409439.htm

Nathan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:25 am 
excellent,thanks for that

taff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:25 pm 
anything that make a noise will make the scumbag move to the next car so no need to spend hundreds on a alarm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:09 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

put a dog in your car...works for me!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 pm 
I did that and it did work for a while but the we split up and she moved back home so i had to buy the Sparkrite alarm instead!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:34 pm 
Anyone fancy telling me how to get my alarm out? :(

Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:52 pm 
TDC Member

In this order: wire cutters, screwdriver, hammer. :D

Is it in a difficult place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:00 pm 
i wouldnt put one in in the 1st place. pain in the @rse.

my bike alarm failed, it immobilised the bike permanently so had no choice but to chop it out.

used to go to one particular garage to fill up, near a police station, the police radio frequencies interfered with it so got stuck there a couple of times too, had to wheel the thing around the forecourt trying to find a spot where itd disarm

i'd suggest avoiding leaving her anywhere that may expose your chariot to abuse, i know for many folk thats not easy of course.

i thought about taking the door handles n locks off, smoothing over etc and making her keyless entry like my laguna, but im just waiting for the day when im miles from anywhere and it fails, leaving me totally screwed.

my opinion - get a big bat (not the flying sort, although for night time protection a big flying bat living in your car may not actually be a bad idea), and fit a (possibly concealed) mechanical key switch inside the car to break the ignition circuit, only you will know how its wired in and only someone who knows dolly wiring and electrics in general will ever be able to bypass it quickly enough to stand a chance of getting away before getting caught.

bit different for mine, garaged or out with me driving her, or at a show. its no problem at the minute, she wont go far without a crane

:lol: