The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:54 pm 
If it's any help, Historic category 2 for road rallies is 1/1/68 to 31/12/74 [K22.14b]. So you can use an early sprint too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm 
WOW my 72 1850 is rare! ,Iam now going to worry as I have many rare things these days most of them bad :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:47 am 
I have a Sprint engine in my TR7 whcih I use in autotests and the kind of "rallies" discused here.

The block is a £75 e-bay engine and the head is from another engine given to me.

Because of a failing radiator, a leaking replacement and a stuck thermostat it has been very hot on at least 6 occasions but I drove a 400 mile round trip to Knockhill and competed in the Speedfair rally all day using 6000RPM on a regular basis.

The engine is still fine and gave good power - if that's an engine that is "soft" I don't know what more anyone can expect.

See here

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lwkVeXr5fvI

Post subject: dolly
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:22 pm 
I was only quoting what I was told having had no previous experience of triumphs apart from my Spitfire.Sounds like they were talking to their bottoms.Great videos by the way of your tr7 .Thats just the sorts of event that I intend to do TR7eh Hmmmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:01 pm 
hi... you could always talk to a couple of people outside the club whoi would be able to help you build such a car.. there is a chap local to me who builds single seater race cars and historic race cars such as maclarens... but his passion is the SPRINT.. there is also achap whom owns an original works rally car only he is not as available .. pm me if you would like more details/ telephone numbers