The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hi All
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:47 pm 
Just wanted to say Hi -
Mark from coventry looking to get my 1st Triumph Dad and mates had one a few years back now iv got the bug, i just got to save one.

Searching for a sprint with MOT for around £500 any help apreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:44 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi Mark

I don't have an MOT'd sprint near coventry (I'm nowhere near coventry and My MOT'd sprint is not for parting with) but I wanted to welcome you anyway!!

Cheers

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:23 pm 
No Problem Dave i will get the right one soon im sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:54 pm 
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RARE-TRIUMPH-DOLO ... dZViewItem
Not too far away, and will come with exceptional advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:33 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

No MOT though...

I'm sure the seller would be benevolent with spare parts, like replacement seats for example, were the reserve to be met though :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:40 am 
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.

Ken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

TDC Coventry Area meets at The Village Hotel, Dolomite Way, Coventry in the foyer/public bar on the last Wednesday of every month at 8pm. I'm sure you would be made very welcome there!

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:51 pm 
Thanks For that will try and make it - hoping to come to Hatton in a few weeks time also.

I have found a nice looking 1980, 1300 but wanted a sprint would the engine swap be an easy option? needs alot of work but body looks clean, and i thought ah its all apart of the fun.

Thanks in advance Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:21 am 
TDC Member

If the body looks clean it's easy to drop a sprint subframe, gearbox and axle in. The headlights are harder, so it's a better bet to wait for a good sprint (or at least a HL shell).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:43 pm 
...or just keep saving up and get a half decent sprint that someone else has already done.

aluns magenta one looks half decent, saw it in the flesh not too long ago, this sort of car for the money could be a good bet if you dont mind getting your hands dirty and showing a bit of love to the poor thing.

those wheels will come up like mirrors with a bit of know how, patch up the rusty bits, rub down and exterior 1k or so repaint and you'll have a tidy solid motor.

these projects are not for the feint hearted mind you, although the scale of making the magenta one pukka is small compared to what some folk undertake...

trust me!! :lol:

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:21 pm 
Great help thanks

Looking about the worst place for rust seems to be the boot would that be the fist place to look?

im not bothered about surface dents / rust but any welding jobs might take me out of my comfort zone - everything else im happy to tackle - looking forward to the AGM and hoping to be an owner in a month or so - ill keep looking for the right one, most of my problem so far is transporting one back, maybe ill get lucky and drive one home.

Aluns looks ok my problem is i cant store the car untill towards the end of this month, also getting the thing home. i want a white one you lot would lynch me if i didnt keep aluns magenta seen as its rare an all.

once iv managed to get one any help doing her up will be appreciated.

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:15 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

If you buy it I can leave it where it is until you can collect/store at ease... :wink:

...and Coventry is deliverable