The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: lost in the north west
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:43 pm 
are there any meetings held in the north west as i cant find any on the site

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, there is a meet near Warrington, details are listed in Dolly Mixture (our club magazine). Not all our Area Reps can be bothered to post the details of their local meet on this forum, but this is something we hope we can persuade them to do in the future - especially now that we have a club Events Officer :D . By the way, we did have an Area Rep specifically for Lancashire, but he seems to have disappeared without trace. There is now a vacancy (as in a several counties)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:13 pm 
Quote:
By the way, we did have an Area Rep specifically for Lancashire, but he seems to have disappeared without trace. There is now a vacancy (as in a several counties)...
is this a cry for help
andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:32 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

Quote:
is this a cry for help
Is this an offer? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:38 pm 
could be just let me know what i could be letting myself in for
andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:44 am 
Southport, AKA Woodvale, early August, i'll be there with brother, sprint and 1500HL, and brother in law, sorry to say a M1 XR2. The Dolomite North West used to put on a good show here, but sorry to say they haven't been there for a couple of years. Come on North West lads, you've got two definate Yorkshire dolly's attending!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Area Reps; their main role is to be a point of contact for Triumph Dolomite Club members in a specific region. They may organise local meetings, co-ordinate events (local classic car show visits/displays, social events etc) and maybe write a report for the club mag every two months. It's not a demanding job, there's no job description as such, nor do we expect volunteers to sit by the phone every night waiting for members to contact them.
We've got several vacancies around the country, have a look at the list towards the back of Dolly Mixture. Members are always welcome to volunteer to take on a position or even help the existing area rep where there is a need (you only have to look at how few Area Reps provide an area report to see what I mean! :lol: ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:36 pm 
I had a call yesterday from a guy to join the club. He lives in Nelson and might be up for being Lancs rep if there are no other offers, he seemed very interested. His name's Geoffry Redman and has am 1850 HL