The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:13 pm 
ok i can confirm .i have that weekend off . i may come up the night before and stay somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:19 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Tolly is still not back from the garage - a week and a half now! I'll confirm shortly, but if Justyn is going I will try and come along and keep him company. The 1500 should make it if the tolly doesn't. Give me a couple of days - still keen....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:35 pm 
TDC Member

It looks 70% certain that I'll be available for this meet but my car seems to have spat the dummy now... was having trouble starting it yesterday and thought I'd flooded it. When I pulled the spark plug out nearest the front of the car the whole tube was dripping in engine oil!? That can't be a good thing can it?

Ian

Post subject: Bronley
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:18 pm 
Hi. I may be available to bring along my Dolomite 1300 if you need cars. Not sure I can be there early though. Cheers, Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:18 pm 

No Tolly after all, We won't be keeping it (see cars for sale section)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:33 pm 
:oops: Wife causes change of plan,I cant display after all,It would be to long a day for me, since I been having chemo for leukaemia (cml),might be able to visit on the day for a couple of hours :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:05 am 
umm ,i think this thread got a bit lost and forgotten , has anyong arranged it? david and i will be picking up a car from luton on that day bit of a trek to bromley via luton may may take a detour via the M25 id david agrees.
i havn't had any calls about it so i guess no one going.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:06 am 
TDC Member

Justin,

Humble apologies - I should have piped up sooner.

I got the stuff on this from Andy, and made contact with the organisers who were, ahem, "unhelpful". They offered a three car or a 15 car stand.

I suggested that we would really want something in between, say 5-7 cars, and that way we had a fighting chance of getting a representative of each type of Dolly, Tolly,FWD, etc. Someone was going to call me back. They didn't.

I tried again, went through it all on the phone again with a different individual, this time armed with the knowledge that Club Triumph had negotiated a seven car stand. Absolutely not I was told - but CT were a long standing regular attendee so there may have been some "accommodation" for them. Right.

Then I established that it was indeed my custody weekend with my kids and that my son had a commitment all day down in Sussex. So I regret to say, I decided to box up the idea of trying to organise a stand in the face of such inertia from the organisers, coupled with my own private difficulties.

A shame, as it is a good show, and is massive (almost too big these days), with some interesting machinery to look at.

I think next time I might try and join forces with the local CT group, get a big stand and do a joint display. That might well work.

Good luck to those who do go for a look around.

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:12 pm 
I wonder if CTs stand wil be as full as it was at Enfield?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:47 pm 
TDC Member

I'll probably pop over on my bike at some point in the afternoon. Would be nice to put some faces to names if anyone else is going...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:04 am 
cant make it .distance v time .not enough hours in one weekend

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:52 am 
Folks, i've been to this show in 2003 and 2004, very good. The thing do do is just pre-enter and go into the 'one make parking area' then you effetively get a stand for as many cars as are pre-booked

One Make Parking Tel 01775 768661

in 2003 and 2004 we had about 12 cars IIRC and din't have to get near one of those 'show organiser types who don't like the customers that make the whole thing possible [-( '

IMHO the one make parking area is just as good as the 'main show' :chortle: