The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:15 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.bromleypageant.co.uk/

We've been invited to attend the above event and I have booking forms for "special" displays (upto 15 cars) and also "3-car club displays" here at TDC HQ. If anyone would like to organise a club display, let me know ASAP and I'll forward the info.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:53 pm 
TDC Member

Right chaps - this is an excellent event and absolutely massive. It is also sponsored by one of the main classic car publications that have hitherto been rather "Dolly friendly". Attendance is massive, and its a great show just to wander around purely because of the sheer variety of stuff on display. Also lots of entertainment for the kids on site. As you can tell I am a fan.

I think it would be a lost opportunity for the Club to miss out on this chance of some fairly hefty exposure. We should do a Club stand without a doubt.

In the past I have displayed on Club Triumph, but I would be prepared to forgo them and put my car on our stand if we can muster the numbers. I am also happy to help with the stand in any way I can and to assist with co-ordination if required as I am local.

I have seen Julian (Tinweevil) at the show before and there must be a few others who would be willing. It would be really nice to achieve a range of Dolly models and do it properly - FWD, Toledo, 1500, Dolomite, Sprint, etc.

What say you folk?

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:42 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

I reckon a few of us should be able to make it......

Is it the usual thing, turn up at 9 or something like that leave at 5. If you are showing you get in free. Children and dogs welcome?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:49 pm 
children and dogs welcome but please leave the wife at home :lol:
Ive put it in my diary but can't confirm till may.

convoy from the south coast maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:35 pm 

how is that going to work Justyn...I might need her car!

She comes on this forum sometimes.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:21 pm 
i love you caroline you are the best dolomiting wife ever and the world would not be the same without you , you are an asset to everthing that david does. and i think i owe you a drink now don't i? :smitten:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:20 pm 

Justyn....she is embarrased now :oops: ...but she'll have the drink anyway! :D

P.S A south coast convoy sounds good......if martin comes down to our meet we can discuss it there maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:27 pm 
good plan

*edit* ARRRRGGGGHHH ....RUN FOR THE HILLS SHES COMING TO GET ME.....................
ive just seen who the newest user is. HELP.

Im going out ,i may be gone for a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad to see that interest in the event is developing. However, if you want a club stand it will have to be booked soon, otherwise you'll miss the boat.
Can someone volunteer to take the lead on this please? I'll then send the booking forms and fliers to you so that you can fill them in and apply for a stand.

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:45 am 
TDC Member

Andy,

I think that this is alomost certainly going to be one of my "custody" weekends. This may give m esome logistical problems with setting up early, but I will try and plan those ahead.

I am happy to try and co-ordinate a TDC display if you want to send the bumpf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:40 pm 
:o I can be there early on sunday as its not to far away from home,can bring dolly 1972 1850 auto

Last edited by bifold on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:06 pm 

Unfortunately I can't say more than that I can probably help, 80% likely. Trouble is my current contact expires then and I'm already looking for the next one, it could be anywhere. I can't be much help in the run up either, hours at work are about to skyrocket :cry:

Tin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:30 pm 
TDC Member

My work is also currently getting in the way of everything else but I've pencilled this date in and should hopefully be around (including the early start) (or the night before for that matter - I'm only 20mins away). I won't be able to say for certain until nearer the time but am happy to help if and where possible.

Ian

Post subject: Who Is Up For THis?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:33 pm 
TDC Member

Sorry to have been quiet this week folks but I have had no access to a PC since Monday afternoon.

Andy has sent me the stuff for this (thank you Andy).

Who is definitely up for it?

I have a choice of a small (3 car) stand or a large (up to 15 car) pitch.

The expressions so far look like Ian W, BiFold and myself so I am tending towards the smaller pitch (they are also much better positioned than the larger ones), but will go large if there are sufficient numbers and interest.

I have to commit though so some idea early would be good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:23 pm 
Would be nice to have a large pitch,come on guys pledge your interest as this is a big show,and would be nice to fly the tdc flag outside of the midlands for a change. :lol: