The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: NORTHERN DOLLY DAY 2007
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:04 pm 
NDD 2007 will be at Harewood House again this year on SUNDAY 3RD JUNE. It's a good day out for all the family and plenty of great cars to see.

If you would like to attend as part of the TDC stand, please contact me by sending a PM through the forum with your address so I can send a booking form or ring the club phoneline 08700 111737.

Entry is £4.50 per car which admits 2 adult & 2 children. Unfortunately Harewood public admission fees are quite high if you don't enter a car and this was one reason for trying a new venue but it has not been possible this year I'm afraid.

Please have entry forms back to me by 18th May so I can book the stand for the right number of cars.

Thanks

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:08 am 
:jump4joy: :clapping: :jump4joy: :clapping:
At last, you can count me in!!

Post subject: Northern Dolly Day
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:15 pm 
Count me in too.

Thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:49 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

This one's a tough call...

Last year I was wearing my TDC hat but my friends from TSSC North Yorks and Club Triumph West Yorkshire were there so I might be wearing my CT hat especially if I take the Acclaim this year.

Decisions decisions.

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

Post subject: TDC Needs Toledoman
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:20 pm 
Go on Toledo Man. Take Snowdrop and represent TDC. You know Dolomites are your favorite Triumph! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:49 am 
I would seeing as the other one is a Honda!!!

Sorry, bit of a Jonners moment there.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:45 pm 
BUMP!!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:21 am 
Morning everyone

Firstly, I should introduce myself as I am new to the forum. I am Chris from Sheffield and have been a Triumph fan for some years now having owned a Dolomite 1500 and 4 Acclaim CD's. My father always had Triumph's for the family car when I was younger including a Herald 13/60 Estate, 1500TC and Dolomite 1500SE.

I have been looking for a 1500SE for some time now and having finally sorted garaging, I purchased one from a lovely old gentleman last week having seen an advert on this site. T & T and in overall good condition, the car is original and unmolested with a very good interior though sills have been patched and will need replacement at some stage.

Anyway, getting to the point, I would love to bring the car to the Northern Dolly day and network with you guys but can't seem to find the booking form. I have not got round to joining the club yet though will do shortly I am assuming that only club members can attend? If so, I will have to get my act together and send my subs before this event! Perhaps someone could confirm?

All the best, Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 8:45 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

From 1300mash's original post:
Quote:
If you would like to attend as part of the TDC stand, please contact me by sending a PM through the forum with your address so I can send a booking form or ring the club phoneline 08700 111737.
You can join the Club at the same time if you want, or visit this page for details of how to sign up (downloadable application form on the page if needed);
http://www.triumphdolomite.co.uk/jointh ... eclub.html

Excellent choice of car, by the way ! :D

Please note that I am simply a Forum administrator, so please do not contact me unless your question is regarding your Forum account. For general enquiries regarding the Club and its services (membership queries, questions about spares, lapdancing etc) please see https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=20098

Are you enjoying using our forum? If so why not support the owners club which provides it by joining The Triumph Dolomite Club? Help us to preserve these great cars for future generations.
Club membership costs just £30 for one year or £55 for two years. See https://forum.triumphdolomite.co.uk/vie ... =4&t=37824 for details.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 pm 
Thanks, I will sort it out now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:45 pm 
I have sent our entry in to Harewood and I am waiting for the passes to come back to me then I will send them to everyone who has entered.

There will probably be a couple of spare places so still worth contacting me if you are still interested.

Mark

Post subject: so...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:24 am 
TDC Member

.. if i get in a dolly and head north tomorrow, where am I going and what will it cost me to get in? Do we have to park outside or is it a national style - as many as possible do?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:13 pm 
Hello All

We had a pretty good turn out of Dolomites at Harewood House over the weekend. I forgot to count how many were there, but I don't think any other make of car was as well represented (not even Mini, Moris Minor or MGB).

It was good to meet some of you for the first time as well.

Did anyone get any pictures of the day?

Thanks

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:42 pm 
Was good to meet you Chris, but sorry, forgot my camera!