The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:30 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Well I was able to make it after all and my 1850 made it there and back without any problems apart from the skittish front end which I now think is a steering problem as it was fine on the motorway. It was good to meet members old and new.

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:08 pm 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

55 cars according to Gary Felce's photo's (60 photo's with some duplicates!)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:24 pm 
TDC Member

Had a great time at the TDCIR today, just want to say thanks to the organisers & Alun for selecting the venue, I had a good time looking at Dolomites & talking to people from the forum, then the whole family had a great time in the museum.

Brilliant Day 8)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:26 pm 
Just a word of thanks to the organisers for providing a great day out with perfect weather. A good venue and a selection of interesting cars
Ian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:22 pm 
TDC Member

I am so glad that I endured the very early start to get up to TDCIR. The weather was perfect and full marks to Alun for locating such an interesting and convivial venue. It was also blessed with being very easy to get to and from.

After a couple of leaner years, this TDCIR was a return to form. I think at one point we were just under 60 cars and every model was represented. With so many interesting cars it's hard to pick out favourites but the white 1300TC does me every time, and it was nice to see a couple of very clean Toledo's. Nice also to see some of the restoration thread cars, like Tony Burd's Sprint in the flesh. Mikey B's new interior was just stunning, and the mallard green modified 1850 had very possibly the best paint finish I have ever seen on a Dolomite.

It was a lovely location, which as Andy P very correctly pointed out brought back fond memories of Himley Hall about ten years ago under the trees.

I had a lovely time wandering around talking to members old and new - if I failed to get to you with my self imposed curfew my apologies. It was great to talk to so many old friends and to make new ones.

My journey back was considerably slower than that to the venue, mostly thanks to two significant accidents on the M40 and then M25. I was a bit late back but thankfully AMG power made up some of the time between the hold ups.

A fabulous day. Thanks indeed to all who had a hand in the organising.

2021 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE PHEV
2021 Dacia Duster 1.3 TCe
1963 Austin A40 Rally Car
2021 Honda Cross Tourer Highlander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:03 am 
I popped down today, great to see so many Dolomites in one space - some beautiful loved cars there today.

I brought my 5 year old and spent half the time telling him not to touch anything! Thanks to the lady that entertained him for 5 mins picking blackberrys ;-)

Things I learned today..

Not all Dolomites have the vinyl roof (from guy with the development modified 1850)
Not all Dolomites have a NS mirror (was it an optional extra?)
The correct name of the colour my parents had (Carmine)

Unfortunately I also now cannot decide what colour I prefer

All that's left then is to justify to partner exactly why I need one!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm 
TDC Member

I would like to thank everyone who helped to organize the day it was most enjoyable and I am looking forward to meeting up with fellow club members again at next years event.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:50 pm 
Wow how lucky was we with the weather :wink: Fab day thanks to all,And thanks to all who bought regalia giving me abit of room to fit a few new lines in for next year :D