The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:34 am 
Quote:
Badly Drawn Boy lookalike
Not ginger hair/goatee per chance, with a hat on, light brown top?

(not myself, you must understand :lol:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:04 am 
TDC Committee

Congratulations all those who contributed to the club stand. It looked excellent. The last minute rush round and reorganisation came up trumps.

Mike's last minute display boards etc made a great backdrop and the slide show superb. The cars were good and Dave's Sprint at least a last minute recruit. Being next to TSSC the TDC stand could have been overshadowed but it wasnt.

Andy the flowers added to the display!

As stated before the atmosphere on the stand was excellent.

Mike Goldstraw's SE even managed to win a prize out in the car park!! Well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:42 pm 
congratulations also from my side. It was a hell of a trip with more than 2000 additional miles on the clock now but I am being back home since today 4pm and was very pleased to meet at least some of you during Saturday's booth setup and the show on Sunday.

Please forgive me that on Sunday morning I was not the best partner for nice conversations due to my hang-over but believe me that I enjoyed it and hopefully will be in better condition next time.

As soon I have sorted out some things I will let you know about the dates and possibilities for some fun meetings at the Nuerburgring....... (stay tuned for that :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:45 pm 
TDC Oxfordshire Area Organiser

Not ginger hair/goatee per chance, with a hat on, light brown top?

Yes I spotted him too...briefly!

Super show, I really enjoyed myself this weekend despite a stinky cold. Its always nice to catch up on other members news since the last meetings. It boosts your enthusiasm too...so much so that I washed the car at 8pm in the rain to wash the salt off....achewwwwwwwwwww!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:53 pm 
Haha, that's Mat off the Retro-Rides forum - he's another Coventry student, I've met him a few times and bumped into him at the show too.

Drives a neat red Toledo, he did post it up here a while back I think :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:06 pm 
Badly Drawn Boy lookalike?

I thought you were talking about Alun! :lol:

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:43 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Many thanks to all for making it such a great day!
Great to meet/chat/laugh with you all again.. :)
I even managed to buy everything i needed this time,which was an added bonus..
With all that walking up and down the aisles,i think i've done less miles when i've gone rambling in the Lakes!..still smiling though..
[/quote]

Post subject: Lookalike
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm 
Quote:
I thought you were talking about Alun!
So there were 2!!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:13 pm 
Yes a very good day, and the club stand looked GREAT this year, it was also good to put even more faces to names this year!! Matt it was great to meet you and your a man after my own heart with the Triumph/Vauxhall fasination :lol: :lol:

Holger, it was great to meet you, i really admired your dedication for Triumph and the club to make a 2000mile round trip i hope your stay was a good one! well done!!..... =D> =D>

All in all a fantastic day with new members to the club, and i think Ken did as well as next's new year sale!! :lol:

I managed to get a few bits and peices, but for me the show was a personal goal to get the car back on the road after its engine work, so for it to be on the stand was fantastic for me so thanks to the club for letting it on the stand!! and for 2 1300fwd's to be on one stand was a brilliant sight!!

Well done to everybody involved and ill see you at the restoration show!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:35 pm 

It was good to put a few more faces to names. I managed to get the rear poly bushes I needed for Snowdrop courtesy of Mark at Jigsaw. He even gave me a small discount. Amazing what a bit of Arthur Ashe can do! I bought a "Dolomite 1300" badge from Chic Doig to replace Snowdrop's which is faded where the yellow bit is. I've bought a replacement front indicator/sidelight lens from somebody selling Dolly parts. I'd tried Mick Dolphin but he'd only got the earlier ones. I bought the current edition of "Triumph World" from their stand. The only place I can find this elusive mag is at shows!

West Yorkshire Area Organiser & forum moderator
Meetings take place on the first Wednesday of the month at 8.00pm at The Old Brickworks, Wakefield Road, Drighlington, Bradford, BD11 1EA

1972 Dolomite 1850 auto (NYE 751L - Now for sale)
2003 Volvo XC90 D5 SE (PX53 OVZ - The daily driver)
2009 Mercedes-Benz W204 C200 CDI Sport (BJ58 NCV - The 2nd car)
1991 Toyota Celica GT (J481 ONB - another project car)
Former stable of SAY 414M (1974 Toledo), GRH 244D (1966 1300fwd), CDB 324L (1973 1500fwd), GGN 573J (1971 1500fwd), DCP 625S (1977 Dolomite 1300) & LCG 367N (1975 Dolomite Sprint) plus 5 Acclaims and that's just the Triumphs!

Check my blog at http://triumphtoledo.blogspot.com
My YouTube Channel with a bit of Dolomite content.

"There is only one way to avoid criticsm: Do nothing, say nothing and BE nothing." Aristotle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:49 pm 
A damn good day out. The stand was brilliant (the regalia bit especially so :wink: ). We had a nice display of cars, I think Nathans FWD got a huge amount of interest, especially with that period roof rack in place. Brilliant.

The regalia stand did really well with takings into 3 figures (just) and here's hoping for a more varied choice of items for next year. Thanks to all who helped out (Von especially) and thanks to everybody who dug into their pockets.

Holger, I think you deserved an award for most distance travelled and it was great to meet you. Glad you got back without any mishaps. Top man.

Good to see new Dolly'ists Phil and Colin (and Colin's Dad). I managed to obtain all the bits I wanted and a little bit extra. Must'nt forget to say a big thank you to all those involved with the supply and delivery of LWT's new seats. The rear ones are already in :lol: . Thanks+++++

Funniest event of the day? Hmmm, had to be the Volvo orientated 'near rescue' of Justyn from Leamington Train Station. Dashed over there to see if we could offer some help, only to find Justyn parked up and polishing his FWD 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

A great day out. Well recommended.

Ken

Post subject: Show
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:03 pm 
Sounds like it was a good show and display by the club, my apologies that i had to duck out on the saturday. This was due to the extra workload dumped on me by my school during last wk.

Regards
Jeff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:44 pm 
well i had got it dirty and didn't want to drive it any further. shame you got flashed when i was following you :lol:
did you find a fwd register badge on the floor?
i only had the silver backing plate when i got outside so i guess it fell off where i was parked.

Post subject: Great Day
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:49 pm 
Well done all. Stand was one of the best we've had so far IMHO. good space and a nice pitch. Well done Mike on the 'Screen Show', can't belive where all the years have gone.

Very busy day, didn't sit down all day. spares sales much more brisk that previous years.

Great to see everyone.

Welcome to the Club Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:00 pm 

Was a great show for me. Met a load of faces from here. Hi Nathan, Von, Malc, Alun, Susie, Justyn, Rich, PBK and shame on me I cant remember Toledo Man's name :oops: but hi anyway, those orange polybushes looked like fun mate!

Bit disappointed in myself for not knowing what I needed to buy but that's mainly due to not having spent more than about 12 hours on the car since I've had it :(

Roll on March the 11th 8) so I can meet a few more

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next