The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Mon May 10, 2021 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: A lot of Dolomite parts
PostPosted:Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:56 am 
TDC Member

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-Dolo ... SwOhtfZTPz

Is this something the club could step in to? Refilling the stock of spare parts I mean. It's a lot of money, but it's seems like a lot of spares too. I'm not based in UK, so not able to get a look. But I'm willing to donate extra to the club to save these parts, not being scrapped.

PostPosted:Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:12 am 
TDC West Mids Area Organiser

There’s very little demand for a lot of what is shown. I have however been in discussion with the seller and suggested I go take a look.

PostPosted:Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:13 am 

The issue with ‘the Club’ stepping in is who exactly is the Club and where are the headquarters and storage facilities?

PostPosted:Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:01 pm 
TDC Member

I have to admit I'm not fully aware of the club structure. But a collective of enthousiasts could join forces and collect money to purchase this lot. Like the case with the front seat diaphragms a couple of years ago.
But indeed, there has to be a demand for the parts. Where to place them, I know the club has a stock? Where's the stock located? Or is this just a list of parts that sole club members keep at there houses?

PostPosted:Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:38 pm 

The Club is just that, a collective of enthusiasts and the parts stocks, minimal as they are, are kept at various members' houses who volunteer to do so and to post them out on demand.

For example, in my garage and shed I must have three dozen used starter motors and as many alternators that I get reconditioned on demand for members on an exchange basis; this is 'Club stock' and they are all selected OE Lucas units, not copies. I probably ship a unit out to a member once a year at most, during which time probably three get donated to the core pile by other members. The shelves in the ebay lot which are full of used starter motors and alternators are therefore of little interest to 'the Club'.

There are many parts shown in the photographs for which there is very little, if any, demand.

That said, there are some 'gems' on show that would be worth securing for 'the Club', but not at the aspirational price the seller has put on the 'job lot', or with the burden of having to clear the garage for them. I have told the seller this and suggested I go view and advise them honestly what has value and what hasn't, but haven't received a reply.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:43 pm 
TDC Member

Alun. If the club does not have an adequate stock of 1500cc starters that could be refurbished can I suggest that this might be an item for the club to consider purchasing as they are getting difficult to find.

PostPosted:Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:56 pm 

I have four 1500 cc core units in the shed and one here in the house that I bought in as NOS, but I think it is an historically reconditioned unit. I may have more in the garage.

PostPosted:Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:58 pm 
TDC Member

Quote:
The Club is just that, a collective of enthusiasts and the parts stocks, minimal as they are, are kept at various members' houses who volunteer to do so and to post them out on demand.

For example, in my garage and shed I must have three dozen used starter motors and as many alternators that I get reconditioned on demand for members on an exchange basis; this is 'Club stock' and they are all selected OE Lucas units, not copies. I probably ship a unit out to a member once a year at most, during which time probably three get donated to the core pile by other members. The shelves in the ebay lot which are full of used starter motors and alternators are therefore of little interest to 'the Club'.

There are many parts shown in the photographs for which there is very little, if any, demand.

That said, there are some 'gems' on show that would be worth securing for 'the Club', but not at the aspirational price the seller has put on the 'job lot', or with the burden of having to clear the garage for them. I have told the seller this and suggested I go view and advise them honestly what has value and what hasn't, but haven't received a reply.
Allright, understood. If it comes to a partial investment, let me know: I'm willing to help with the funds.

PostPosted:Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:07 pm 

Despite having given me a 'phone number, the seller didn't respond to me because she 'didn't recognise my number'; that was despite me having left answerphone messages and sending a text!!

Conversing with her today through ebay, after the listing had been pulled, she tells me the garage has now been cleared as the tenant found a buyer. I suspect we'll see choice items appearing on ebay shortly at exaggerated prices!

PostPosted:Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:17 pm 
TDC Member

That's a pity. Thanks for the effort you took.