The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Latham F2044
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:59 am 
We've just been sent news of another Latham that could be for sale . . . for the right (and perhaps modest) price.

This is F2044. The guy selling is the original owner, so he's had the kit sitting in his garage for about seventeen years! Like all of us, he started with great enthusiasm, but hasn't done much to it for several years now.

I'll be adding full details to the website as soon as I can, and he's sending me some photos, but basically, it's all there. It has a fully-rebuilt Sprint engine, fitted with 48's, but having sat for some time this might need some checking over before firing up. Most of the electrics, wiring and plumbing is complete and fitted. The hydraulics are also in place but may also need some fettling. The trim and final finishing off still needs to be done, but most of the components are present, including a full set of instruments (previously unused) and switches.

The only parts he thinks are not present are headlight covers (soon to be available again, if we can get enough orders together), a hood (which is basically MGB with a few tweaks, and we have patterns), side windows (flat and easily made) and new glass for the winscreen frame (which is included).

If anyone's interested, drop me a PM and I'll pass on the relevant phone numbers and details. The car is situated in the Buckingham area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:24 pm 
We've added a page about this car to the website now (http://www.lathamf2.co.uk) under the Cars for Sale section. Still waiting to add some photos, but more info there if anyone's interested.

I suspect, if we can't find anyone in TDC prepared to take it on, we may have to send this one to eBay, but offering it here first may give it a better chance of a "good home".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
TDC Member

Hmmm. had a look at the write up, sounds good. Money's tide up in Project SFB at the moment & I'll have to see if her indoors likes them?

2007 Porsche Boxster S

Grammar:
The difference between knowing your sh#t and knowing you're sh#t.

Schedule: Pronounced "Shedule" not "Scedule"!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:02 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Any photos yet?

David

"Bloody hell Reg, I thought brown cars didn't rust! What other reason could there be for buying one? :-) "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:33 am 
Quote:
Any photos yet?

David
Sorry, still waiting! I'll probably go over and have a look myself, but with Easter holidays next week, and then off to Monza for the first round of the LMS the week after, I'm not sure when I'm going to get chance. Thanks for looking though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:51 pm 
Quote:
Any photos yet?

David
Finally got some photos from Gary, and have added these to the website.

The one of the engine installation is particularly interesting. Not only has Gary installed the special four-branch manifold (although you can't see that from the carburettor side) but the car is also fitted with the special Spax dampers, which are now only available to special order. There's also a remote oil-cooler radiator. Everything else looks like new, including the rebuilt engine.

The rest of the car is well advanced too, so a bargain awaits the right person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:05 pm 
TDC Member

They look so cool! Pity I can't afford one... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 10:32 pm 
TDC Events Officer

Quote:
Quote:
Any photos yet?

David
Finally got some photos from Gary, and have added these to the website.

The one of the engine installation is particularly interesting. Not only has Gary installed the special four-branch manifold (although you can't see that from the carburettor side) but the car is also fitted with the special Spax dampers, which are now only available to special order. There's also a remote oil-cooler radiator. Everything else looks like new, including the rebuilt engine.

The rest of the car is well advanced too, so a bargain awaits the right person.
Just checking, there are the right amount of zeroes there, aren't there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:11 am 
Yes, Dave . . . only £900. The Sprint parts alone are worth twice that! As is the case with Roger's car, F2043, there's some pressure for the garage to be vacated. I shudder to think how much both these guys have spent (well, I know in Roger's case it was over £20,000) but sometimes needs must.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:16 pm 
TDC Member

Hmmmmm! very tempting.

2007 Porsche Boxster S

Grammar:
The difference between knowing your sh#t and knowing you're sh#t.

Schedule: Pronounced "Shedule" not "Scedule"!