The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 2-door Toledo for sale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:34 pm 
TDC Member

I'm putting my 1973/L 2-door Toledo 1300 up for sale, wanted to know if there's a club member interested before I advertise it more widely. Please PM me for more info and photos etc. Car based in Hungerford, Berkshire. MoT to April 19 (tested in April 18, before the new ruling came in).

Price? Hmmm - £1800 or reasonable offer.

Car comes with:
Halogen conversion headlights (rewired through relays to protect the poor old dip-switch),
Dolomite heated rear screen,
Dolomite Sprint chin spoiler.
Dolomite anti-roll bars F&R

The good bits:
Mostly V Good original condition – minor changes, all easily un-do-able (is that a word?) so the car can revert to being very original if desired.
Lots of history, authenticates the 67k mileage.
Original keys and locks. Separate locking filler cap with keys.
Floors, chassis rails and inner wings, sills, subframe all solid. Two small areas of the LH chassis rail and the rear jacking points needed welding, but all done and underside re-undersealed.
Bodywork good with no rust apart from the usual round the headlights (see below)
Sound engine. It's not the original one, which went bang on the RBRR in October, but a second hand unit; no unexpected graunches, rattles, knocks or smoke.
Gearbox, prop and back axle all quiet apart from the usual gear linkage buzz.
New clutch (driven plate, cover and release bearing), speedo cable, back box and battery
New front ball joints and wheel-bearings. No odd clonks rattles or shakes.
Reconditioned fuel tank with a clean, solid bottom (ooh err, missus)
Interior good with reasonable wear and tear in carpets, seat coverings good with no rips tears or wear marks. All the cards are present and correct, no damage other than normal wear and tear.

The bad bits:
It's brown. With a gingery tan interior. Bring sunglasses, leave your sense of taste and style behind.
The usual rust round the headlights (inner wings and headlamp panels are solid but outer wings are a bit manky).
At some point it has been given a dodgy partial respray (wings and bonnet), so it has a slightly two-tone look.
Carpets are a mix of original and replacements. It has a second set of black carpets in at the moment but the brown carpets will go back in pre sale.
Driver's seat had an unsuccessful attempt at re-springing - still usable but a bit misshapen.

It's a good honest (and increasingly rare) little car. Not concours, but solid, sound, good condition, and with a bit of work would be a stunner. Or the basis for a fun project...

Also available (at extra cost, sorry):
MGF half-leather seats, stained to match interior (well, stained to clash not too badly)
5x 4.5Jx13 steel wheels with matching tyres, good condition and plenty of tread
Unleaded skimmed head (9.2 compression) with new valve guides
Pair HS2 (1.25”) carbs on manifold – rebuilt with new jets, seals and gaskets; spindles snug in the bushes
Dolomite 1500HL/Spitfire manifold and Dolomite steel downpipe – exc cond, the downpipe has been cleaned back to the shine and painted in VHT enamel.
Spare NS OEM steel front wing
Spare front bumper (which has been drilled for a pair of auxiliary lamps)

Attachments:
WP_20170519_08_52_06_Pro-small.jpg
WP_20170519_08_52_06_Pro-small.jpg [ 418.54 KiB | Viewed 804 times ]

"Bodging old Triumphs since 1983."
Member no. 2017038

Toledo MOY579L (brown 2-door)
and previously...
Dolomite Sprint xxxyyyM (yellow)
Toledo JJB923K (burgundy 2-door)
Dolomite xxxyyyT (blue 1850HL)
Dolomite TRX773M (white 1850)
Dolomite xxxyyyR (white 1500HL)
Toledo YRO318K (burgundy 2-door )

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:18 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Hi, i know its been a a couple of months but is this still for sale? drop me a message if it please? 0 7930 824 376
all the best, Gareth