The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 12:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:48 am 
TDC Member

Hi,

I’m looking to sale my ’74 Dolomite Sprint (RMR 202M). It’s tax exempt and can be MOT exempt but has not been registered yet, current MOT runs out in October.

I purchased the car in 2013 and have kept it garaged, it’s been a good fun reliable runner but is starting to need some work and unfortunately I don’t have the time/space/skills etc. required.

The previous owner gave it a bit of a mini restoration and had it resprayed so paint work still looks very nice although is showing signs of bubbling/cracks in places and has some scratches.

Here’s some things that I know are wrong with the car so wanted to list them to avoid any confusion or time wasting etc.

There is a whine coming from somewhere in the drivetrain, the PO thought that it was the centre bearing on the prop shaft but having replaced that the noise is still there. I purchased a rear axle from another forum member as a local garage thought that it sounded like the Diff but have never gotten round to fitting, this rear axle will be included in the sale along with a spare gearbox that came with the car when I originally purchased (I have never had either of these on the car so do not know quality of them).

The rear arches are both starting to rust and the lower part of the doors on drivers side are starting to bubble. (pics below)

There is also some rust on the B pillars, the drivers side was patched up but has not been resprayed. (pics below)

The boot floor has some fairly large rust holes, the spare wheel side has had an “MOT” weld, again I have supplied photos to show.

There is an oil leak from the Timing chain cover and also from the diff (have always kept this topped up with oil).

The interior is a bit tatty with some splitting in the seats and the carpets a bit rough/frayed.

Also just recently the gear change has become a bit clunky with there not being much travel in the clutch pedal, the oil levels seem fine but might be something that will need looking at going forwards.

*Update
I bled the clutch and this seems to have fixed clunky gear change.

Hopefully this list doesn’t put off any potential buyers as its a great car just needs some love.

As stated above the car does come with spare gear box, rear axle and the old prop shaft so buyer would need a way to transport these.

The car is sold as seen so viewing is highly recommended. Can be viewed Bridgwater, Somerset.

£3,200 ONO

Please PM me if interested or have any questions.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by chrisperry05 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: '74 Sprint Somerset
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 am 
TDC Member

Hi,

Small Update, i bled the clutch last week and that seems to have fixed the clunky gear change.

Cheers
Chris