The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 9:00 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1500tc Dolomite for sale
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:30 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Glad times have been had so inevitably here come the sad times! Time to sell my Honeysuckle 1500tc with only 79300 miles. below is a list of things that I have created. I have never been able to post photos on here so pm me your email address and I'll send some pics over.
The reason for selling my beloved motor is that the maintenance is starting to get away from me due to a knackered back. I'm desperately trying to be fit enough to return to work and this car is taking up too much of my "reduced pain" time. Part of the sad times is that I'm looking to buy a modern small car. :snivel: All I can afford is something about Ford Fusion size, 1.6 diesel 2010-ish. Has anyone had any issues or heard any horror stories about these cars? :?:

Anyway, here's the list...

Triumph Dolomite 1500TC

For sale is my 1972 1500tc. It has 79,000 miles on with a recent (April 19) Payen head gasket, valve regrind and light skim. A new Yuasa 038 battery in May 19 was fitted to solve a starting problem. This car has a stainless-steel exhaust from the downpipe and as it’s a 2” system there is a very nice, but not too loud, note.

Modifications:
Twin HIF38 carbs on a matched and cleaned inlet manifold,
Aluminium radiator and electric fan with modern 22mm fan switch,
Polyurethane coolant hoses,
R9 fuel hose, where rubber,
Large Pipercross air filter on modified original airbox,
Halogen headlights fitted with Osram Night Breaker bulbs,
5x Dolomite SE 5j wheels in 2k silver and matching Dunlop Street Response 2 tyres,
Car is 75% poly-bushed with remaining bushes supplied,
Awesome stereo system installed with 12” sub, DAB Bluetooth radio/CD player (head unit and twin amplifiers will remain with me unless purchased separately)
Wiring looms for front relay fed headlights fitted but not plugged in yet,

Good Points:
11 months MOT,
Underside is clean with welding, stone-chipped and 2k paint last year for MOT.
Most of body is rust free and solid,
Recent springs, shocks and suspension rebuild,
All chrome and trim present, straight and pretty reasonable,
New rear bumper centre section included,
Loads of spares and rebuild kits for steering, master cylinders, brakes etc, etc
New outer cills and strengtheners over the last 6 years and Wax-oyled to death after paint,
New screen rubber and trim supplied for after respray,
Regular 4000 mile oil and filter changes,
Thermostatic remote mounted oil cooler,
Good clean and untorn interior carpets and seats in chestnut brown,
Strong and sturdy tow bar with normal electrics,

Bad Points:
Few bits of rust at rear of roof, although only on top panel and not in the window vent panel,
Few bits of rust on front valance but easily salvageable. Bad repairs by a previous owners have been unearthed ready for inspection,
Front and rear wings are 94% solid,
3 door bottoms need replacing but these are available from the club shop,
Wooden door cappings need refinishing but I did cut and shape some new oak ones to lacquer, which are included,
Rip in roof lining, but another 2nd hand one is included (still on correctly rotated bones) for fitting or to be copied by your upholsterer,
Needs a full respray once the few patches of welding have been done,
Could really use a stainless manifold to stop the occasional blow from the downpipe joint, release more power and match the rest of the system.

I have (along with Philspeed engines) built up a fast road, fully balanced to within a gram, engine using top end parts and tri-metal bearings and a fast Newman camshaft. The head has larger stainless valves and has been stage 3 flowed and increased to 10.3:1 CR. It has stainless core plugs and is finished in epoxy primer and 2k satin black. I also have an overdrive gearbox which is known good. These two are worth way more than the car so are for sale separately, after the car has gone of course. They can be bought at the same time as sale but I know how much they cost me to build etc.
I have been totally honest about this car and the work has been done to high standards. All modifications are reversable, in most cases I have the parts that I unbolted. I have probably missed/forgotten a few bits so don’t shoot me.
MARK- South Devon
07971 852907