The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 1500FWD for sale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:51 pm 
TDC Member

With a heavy heart, and after much deliberation, it's time to offer my 1500FWD for sale. I've barely had the time to drive her over the last year or so, and I have neither the time, skills or facilities to finish off the paintwork, so I've come to the conclusion that it's time to let her go to someone who can give her the attention she deserves, before she deteriorates too much from lack of use.

She's a 1973 1500FWD in Sapphire blue, with black interior. I've owned her for about 3 years (and always meant to start a thread on here, but never got round to it...). She's got a brand new stainless exhaust, but needs a new choke cable (the current aftermarket one doesn't pull far enough to raise the jet properly) - otherwise she runs and drives fine. The shell is generally sound other than the boot floor, which has been treated but could do with replacing. The bottom of the offside rear door is also knackered. The biggest problem however, is the paintwork, which as can be seen from the photos is something of a mess - it's all watertight, but could really do with a proper respray.

I think I've got all the missing bits of trim, which will be included.

Currently located in Hampshire. MOT exempt, zero-rated for tax, and very cheap to insure (£90/year for me as a garaged second car)

£2000 ono.

Post subject: Re: 1500FWD for sale
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:57 am 
Future Club member hopefully!
Future Club member hopefully!

Good luck with the Sale nick, its good to see the car is still about.