The Triumph Dolomite Club - Discussion Forum

The Number One Club for owners of Triumph's range of small saloons from the 1960s and 1970s.
It is currently Wed May 27, 2020 3:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Dolomite sprint replica
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:44 pm 
Future Club member hopefully!

Dolomite sprint replica based on a 1850. Wide arch kit fitted with a side exit stainless steel exhaust.
We bought this car hoping to take it to some shows and show it off a bit.. turned out the engine was completed shot when we bought it. We managed to find a complete new engine and subframe set up. The only old parts in the engine were the crank and valves in the head. Everything else was brand new even the block. Nearly all the parts were sourced from Rimmer brothers totalling around £6,000. On top of this was a brand new pair of Weber's on a brand new manifold you're looking at about £1400+ for this setup. The engine is high spec and has a fast road cam, the gearbox was reconditioned and has over drive. We're not sure about the diff but the garage who put the engine in think it might be a fancy one... Once tuned this engine should be around 160-170bhp, it certainly doesn't hang about at the moment and it's not even run in yet. Only done around 140 miles...
The car is running Gaz coil overs all round, the fronts are brand new, the rears are adjustable height. New steering rack and alternator.
Revolution wheels 13x8 on the front and 13x10 on the rear, car looks really mean from behind...
The shell is rust free and the car benefits from bucket seats, original sprint rear seat, Bluetooth stereo.
  The car is not without a couple of issues, first being it requires the paint on the top half of the car sorting. Over the winter months it's been outside and the paint has bubbled. Car looks awesome from about 10 feet away, but up close you can see them. Also could do with a new roof lining and we've never opened the webasto as it was sealed by the previous owner. Small repair on front nearside should be complete shortly, small incident with towing strap that isn't really for towing....
   This is a one of a kind vehicle and to be honest when finished would be worth keeping as it will only appreciate in value. Its MOT exempt later this year and tax exempt next year. We only pay £130 insurance through Adrian Flux and before the paint issue the car was valued at £12,000. I know this is a high valuation and I know is for insurance purposes, I also know that we won't get back what we've put into it. We're looking for offers around £8,000.... I will post some more up to date pictures asap... Any questions please give me a call on 07799361905, I can also WhatsApp over loads of pictures as I'm struggling to upload them on here. This car is probably well known to a few of you....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:30 pm 

Picture attached